What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

I think that I am going to pick up a stainless 101 handle for my Stainless BB OC. The longer handle really made a positive difference.

Wow, you have quite a Blackland collection! I only have the brass 'Bird, and it's a no-brainer for keeping in a rotation. I bought mine used. Your description of your razor, particularly the ring that screwing the handle on creates (if I understood correctly) makes me wonder if yours was previously owned. Good on you for not being worried about the imperfections.

Hi there NoScrubs,
it's obviously your money that you paid and you have all the right to feel 100% satisfied with the goods, so to complain about tiny imperfections isn't a straight no go.

But here are my $0.02 (for free :wink:):
Brass is significantly softer than SS, so the surface is easily scratched. If you are going to use it, there will be scratches along the way. If you give it only "white glove" treatment and put it back in the box after looking at it once in a blue moon, it will stay "collector grade". But then is has to perfect from the start, I'll give you that.

There is a return policy, if you don't like it, send it back.
Enjoy your collection of other BL razors.

:thumbup:

Thank you Icebear. As a hobbyist and end-user, I have purchased and sold many vintages and new modern razors of all metal types. I agree with your assessment of brass. However, when you buy new, the product should arrive and present as new (no scratches, no spots, and without a handle ring on the base). All of my razors get the white glove treatment. There is no doubt that if I requested a replacement that I would receive another razor along with "it is brass and it will scratch".

It doesn't look used to me. That ring is inevitable once you screw the handle into the base plate.
The issue is not used or new the issue is the obvious scratches. Also whether Brass, Stainless, or other metals I have never unboxed a razor with a handle ring on the base before it has been used several times. I agree if not protected you will create a ring on the base. However, the most important point for others is that it is a great razor and that the 101 length handle is super.

Thank you Icebear. As a hobbyist and end-user, I have purchased and sold many vintages and new modern razors of all metal types. I agree with your assessment of brass. However, when you buy new, the product should arrive and present as new (no scratches, no spots, and without a handle ring on the base). All of my razors get the white glove treatment. There is no doubt that if I requested a replacement that I would receive another razor along with "it is brass and it will scratch".

This is where Karve excels. Their razors come absolutely immaculate, an o ring to avoid the ring scratch marks.

I have a SS blackbird bought seconds and it is no doubt a good shaving tool, but I would hate to drop so many $$$ on a new shave tool with bad presentation when there are compelling value for money products such as the Karve shaving Christopher Bradley out there. Also comes with a personal hand written thank you card in the box.

The issue is not used or new the issue is the obvious scratches. Also whether Brass, Stainless, or other metals I have never unboxed a razor with a handle ring on the base before it has been used several times. I agree if not protected you will create a ring on the base. However, the most important point for others is that it is a great razor and that the 101 length handle is super.
Missed the scratches part. I do expect brand new expensive razors to arrive immaculate.

Top Bottom