What's new

The Body Shop.

Not a shop I normally go into, but having a browse and I see an interesting looking brush there, along with a nice looking cream. I'm tempted to pop into my local store over the weekend and have a look.
Not sure if I can post any links here, but Body Shop is high on the search. The couple of reviews look ok too! Anybody got one of these brushes?
£8 in the UK.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I thought the Macca root cream was good for a high street brand and for the price, but it has been reformulated and is now not as good. I found the brush, from some years ago so it may now have changed, to be absurdly soft and floppy like a make up brush, almost..... no, completely unusable.

I thought the Macca root cream was good for a high street brand and for the price, but it has been reformulated and is now not as good. I found the brush, from some years ago so it may now have changed, to be absurdly soft and floppy like a make up brush, almost..... no, completely unusable.
To be honest -- can't remember exactly why I didn't like the brush. Just that I didn't.

The body shop brush was very stiff and scrubby on the face. If you're looking for those characteristics, it might be a brush for you but generally, I wouldn't recommend it. The cream is decent but it did dry my face a bit.

The body shop brush was very stiff and scrubby on the face. If you're looking for those characteristics, it might be a brush for you but generally, I wouldn't recommend it. The cream is decent but it did dry my face a bit.
Same experience on the brush. They feel like you would expect of nylon bristles. Might work okay as a travel brush you don't mind losing.

Not a huge fan of the cream. It works, but smells like any generic artificial ocean scent you'll find in a soap or deodorant.

The cream is great in both performance and price (bear in mind your £8 gets you 260ml vs the more usual 100-150ml).
It's true it was reformulated a few years ago but tbh I don't notice much difference.
The brush is complete bobbins (ie not good)

The cream is the only cream I have in my den and I love to use, lathers up exceptionally well with very little cream. As for a brush I would suggest go for a yaqi excellent shaving brushes in my opinion.

The brush is very scratchy and stiff - as someone else said, get a Yaqi. The shave cream, however, is great. It used to be even better before the ‘first’ reformulation (in around 2010 I think?). Definitely worth a try.

Top Bottom