What's new

The Body Shop is really stepping up their game.

I've always liked how Body Shop's products worked but feel their scents, while pleasantly old-school, lacked presence. Their new line contains many great scents. The Maca Root Shaving Cream and AS are awesome. Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using both old and new formulations for a while now and have enjoyed both the scents and the quality of the lather. Not too expensive and readily available. All-around winning attributes in my book!

The old formulation shave cream, while not revelatory scent-wise, gives me a wonderful shave.
I do like the scent of the old formulation myself tho, it has a light, sweet cinnamon aroma to me. I typically follow it up with Van Der Vergulde Hand ASB, whose scent is very similar to my nose.

Thanks for the heads up on the new scents Nelson

I keep both the maca root shaving cream and the razor relief AS in my rotation and it satisfies my needs, and yes it's a plus that I can get it locally. Although I do prefer other creams, this one is up there.

just got a free sample of the maca root cream. Look forward to trying it. If it works well for me it will be nice to know there is something I can find easily in my neighborhood-

Maca Root SC has been in the font line rotation for several months. Produces consistent quality shaves. I do enjoy the scent, especially in the warmer months.

I used the Maca root cream once. It worked well, might have burned my skin just a bit though. I will be trying it a few more times. The cool thing about the Body Shop is they will give you a considerable size sample if you ask, enough to last at least 5 shaves I would say. Always cool to try stuff before dumping 16 bucks.

I started out with the Maca Root SC and am very satisfied with it. It's not as easy to lather as the Omega SC but I like the subtle scent better. I can't stand the Maca Root ASB though.

I use another TBS product called the Of A Man Aftershave. This is really wonderful stuff. It's a light balm than moisturizes without leaving my face greasy or tacky (a problem I have with many balms due to my oily skin) and has a wonderful scent. Even has witchhazel in it and I like the scent so much I'm considering getting the Of A Man EdT

use another TBS product called the Of A Man Aftershave. This is really wonderful stuff. It's a light balm than moisturizes without leaving my face greasy or tacky (a problem I have with many balms due to my oily skin) and has a wonderful scent. Even has witchhazel in it and I like the scent so much I'm considering getting the Of A Man EdT

I agree. I think the name sucks, Of a Man, but the product is great.:thumbup1:

Does everyone know they have a membership club you can join for $10 a year? It really pays off even when I thought I wasn't going to use it a lot but if you are going to buy shave stuff regularly it's a good deal. And they also will discount sale stuff too which is weird for a retailer.

Does everyone know they have a membership club you can join for $10 a year? It really pays off even when I thought I wasn't going to use it a lot but if you are going to buy shave stuff regularly it's a good deal. And they also will discount sale stuff too which is weird for a retailer.

Yes I do! My girlfriend is a member. How did you think I ended up with the Maca SC? And that eventually led me here.. :thumbup:

Definite thumbs-up to the Maca Root shave cream and ASB. Nice smell and a great shave. Once I'm done with my current soap craze, I'll be pulling out the Maca Root.

Yeah, I bought a stash the last time I got the Maca Root cream. When I want a special shave, I break out the Body Shop.

Just tried my free sample of the BS cream and am I ever impressed! Very close shave, very good lather and very protective. Not a single weeper. Wasn't wild about the scent, but think I could get used to it. I might have to say one the best products I've used so far, including creams or soaps, but need a few more times at it to say for sure. :thumbup:

Wow, now I'm fascinated. I recently received a sample Maca Root from a generous BST seller (we have some wonderful people here, be thankful!), and will have to give it a try tonight.

Top Bottom