What's new

The Big Shave

Have any of you gents seen the short film; "The Big Shave"?

It was a film Martin Scorsese made when he was a student. I'm sure most of you know who Scorsese is, but for those who don't, he's the guy who directed Goodfellas, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver...etc..

I saw this film a few years back when Scorsese was like a God to me, and I thought it was pretty cool. But now I'm into the whole wet-shaving stuff, I love it even more! :tongue:

I got really excited today when I found it online, on youtube:

The Big Shave (5 mins 34 secs)

It's typical Scorsese blood splattered stuff, so watch out!

(p.s. It's supposed to be a metaphor for the Vietnam war)

Dang, that is just painful to watch. Definitely not for those of weak constitution. I do have to say though, if I used my DE the way that guy did, I'd probably slit my throat as well! He looked to be applying alot of pressure with the thing.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hilarious!:lol:

The sleazy music was remeniscent of Taxi Driver.

This video should be in our "How To" sections.:tongue_sm

No offense and a sincere thanks for posting it, because the film history behind it was cool, but that was one of the worst films I've ever seen. :yikes:

I just typed in the words "the big shave" at YT, as there was no link provided to the video. EDIT: (ooops. I found it. "When in doubt, scroll down.") END EDIT

The video I saw, and the damage inflicted - all I can say is:

Did you notice his grip? where he was holding the razor? How could he not get razor burn...

I never in my life got a cut that bad with any of the Gillette CR's that I used over the years...

Top Bottom