What's new

The Big Goodfellas' Smile Soap Overview & Review

I stand corrected. No, then I don’t think TGS currently has something unscented. Would indeed be a great pitch to them!

A bit as a curiosity .. but maybe it will interest you :). Today I came across a nice article by Agentshave blog -"Undercover with the Goodfellas Smile" - Undercover with The Goodfellas Smile - https://agentshave.co.uk/blog/undercover-with-the-goodfellas-smile/ ...

Among other things, I've found it interesting when Marco Donghi answers the question: What is your secret to achieving the perfect lather from your shaving soaps?
"The Best Way to Get the Most of Out of Our Shaving Soaps is very simple and, if followed, Will Give You A Great Result:
  1. Do not put water in the soap bowl, rinse and squeeze the shaving brush well.
  2. Start drawing the shaving soap using the brush in circular motions, you will notice that the shaving soap dries in the bowl.
  3. Then add a few drops of water to the shaving bowl and start, repeat this operation 2 or 3 times, until the shaving soap in the bowl has created a thick cream. At this point, the brush has correctly loaded the soap.
  4. Pick up with your finger in the bowl the remaining soap that the brush has not absorbed and put the soap on your face as a cream. Start the assembly in the face.
  5. After spreading the shaving soap on the face you will see that it dries...at this point use the secret ingredient, which is water!
  6. Soak the brush in lukewarm water and continue mounting in the face. Repeat this operation a couple of times and you will obtain a thick, shiny, smooth, and protective cream
  7. At the end of the wet shave your skin will be soft and smooth because our soaps contain ingredients that are very important for our skin"
Well, I did it a bit differently ... I shaved for so many years and I have always "fought" :) for a creamy consistency in a shaving bowl .. With my next shaving with my favorite TGS Re Nero I will try this, after all, the creator of the soap probably knows the best how to use his products :)

Last edited:
A bit as a curiosity .. but maybe it will interest you :). Today I came across a nice article by Agentshave blog -"Undercover with the Goodfellas Smile" - Undercover with The Goodfellas Smile - https://agentshave.co.uk/blog/undercover-with-the-goodfellas-smile/ ...

Among other things, I've found it interesting when Marco Donghi answers the question: What is your secret to achieving the perfect lather from your shaving soaps?
"The Best Way to Get the Most of Out of Our Shaving Soaps is very simple and, if followed, Will Give You A Great Result:
  1. Do not put water in the soap bowl, rinse and squeeze the shaving brush well.
  2. Start drawing the shaving soap using the brush in circular motions, you will notice that the shaving soap dries in the bowl.
  3. Then add a few drops of water to the shaving bowl and start, repeat this operation 2 or 3 times, until the shaving soap in the bowl has created a thick cream. At this point, the brush has correctly loaded the soap.
  4. Pick up with your finger in the bowl the remaining soap that the brush has not absorbed and put the soap on your face as a cream. Start the assembly in the face.
  5. After spreading the shaving soap on the face you will see that it dries...at this point use the secret ingredient, which is water!
  6. Soak the brush in lukewarm water and continue mounting in the face. Repeat this operation a couple of times and you will obtain a thick, shiny, smooth, and protective cream
  7. At the end of the wet shave your skin will be soft and smooth because our soaps contain ingredients that are very important for our skin"
Well, I did it a bit differently ... I shaved for so many years and I have always "fought" :) for a creamy consistency in a shaving bowl .. With my next shaving with my favorite TGS Re Nero I will try this, after all, the creator of the soap probably knows the best how to use his products :)
I've read and I know what Donghi means, honestly it's something that everyone in Italy does
I would only add a thin layer of warm "not boiling" water to the soap and then remove it completely and move on to point 2
It is essential to start with a dry brush so as not to create too much protofoam "the soap already has a drizzle of water" and swirl until you have a feeling of friction in the brush, then adjust accordingly whether to add 2 drops of water and continue swirling

Last edited:
Top Bottom