What's new

The Big, Bad Fatip Grande

Yeah, those handles are new. Personally I prefer their regular brass handles.

Me too. I really like my nickel plated Fatip. I really like the looks of a nickel razor. It reminds me more of the vintage razors that I believe were mostly nickel plated. It has a warmer tone to it than chrome.

I definitely like the colour of the nickel finish. The quality is of the finish of my grande is not flawless and id pay more for a better finish.

Me too. I really like my nickel plated Fatip. I really like the looks of a nickel razor. It reminds me more of the vintage razors that I believe were mostly nickel plated. It has a warmer tone to it than chrome.

Five shaves in five days with no irritation. I only need to do a two pass shave with the fatip. Pretty intuitive razor to use and very happy with the results so far.

I'm happy with my new Piccolo using it for the third week straight.It works great with Personna Lab Blue and Gillette Silver Blue. Two passes get the job done!

Got my Fatip Grande today...using it for my next shave! Wish me luck! FTR, I'm gonna treat it like I do my R41 and see how things go. (Blade will be a Bolzano...works pretty well for me).

We need more pictures here. Let's see your "Shave Of The Day" with the razor and brush. Here is my last shave:

$FaTip Latha.jpg

Last edited:
Used my Fatip Grande (in gold plating) for my first shave with it and I loved it! Definitely on the aggressive side of things, but still less so than my Muhle R41 or Merkur Futur on a setting of 5 or more.

Still a smooth shave (though I used R41 care with it) with a good Bolzano blade...and BBS on my first shave with very little irritation.

Finally got my gunmetal Grande in the mail today! Tried it out this evening, noticed that there is some play when loading the blade so it took me a bit to line it up correctly. Once I did, I promptly dropped it on the floor... Sigh... But it survived!

Used my regular shaving setup and a Rapira platinum lux, and made a very careful first pass. I must say, it was the most effortless first pass I've had to date. Sliced through my stubble like nothing, and felt like I could have got by with a one pass plus touch up. Did a second pass as usual, and was starting to get more comfortable with it. It is aggressive for sure, but felt smooth, easy to use and doesn't seem to have caused any irritation. I'll see after the third shave in a row how my skin reacts the a more agressive razor, but feels good so far! A great razor at a great price in my opinion.

Shaved with a "Fatip 89" which is a Fatip base plate with a Muhle 89 cap.

$DSCN3608.jpg

This is an unbelievably nice and efficient combination. The cap fits perfectly and was all held together with a two tone Toby brass and stainless 13mm/15mm x 90mm handle. The brush is an Edwin Jagger XL synthetic STF fiber used with the Dutch soap, Astra Platinum blade and Myrsol F aftershave splash. I use both synthetic and badger brushes and now prefer the synthetics with proper water management. Very important to use the right amount of water. The Fatip by itself is a great razor but I could not use it everyday. This adaptation I could.

Last edited:
These Fatip razors are just so smooth. They are aggressive but once you have your technique down they will give you the best shave of your life. How can you go wrong for the price. And these are made from brass, the whole razor. I first bought a Grande in nickel and I liked it so much I then got a gold one also. Just to keep my shaves interesting, I just ordered a Piccolo also. These razors could be the best deal in shaving. And they are beautiful.

$Fatip Tabac.jpg

Guys, piccolo or grande? Which is better to move for sensitive skin?

The main difference between the two is the handle and the weight. I don't think either has much effect on sensitive skin. It's an aggressive razor and you have to get your technique down. It took me several shaves before I could use it without any irritation.
I prefer the Grande myself.

Just got a Grande in chrome. Not the greatest looking finish, but it's a fantastic razor. So far, it's the first razor I've ever used that doesn't pull and tug when I'm going AG on my neck and jawline. If I ever have the money, I think a Joris just might be in the future....

I sold my FTG nearly a year ago, i really regret it - it still to this day is one of the manliest looking razors money can buy.

Top Bottom