What's new

The best unknotted handles are?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Have you looked at any of these: Desert Ironwood (26mm) – Elite Razor - https://eliterazor.com/product/desert-ironwood-26mm/

The Desert Ironwood is a nice looking wood.

I'll look at more of their handles. I didn't love the handle you linked, but the desert ironwood got my attention.

Malachite. Elite Razors.jpeg

This handle appeals to me. It is real malachite, not resin, but stone.

Thanks for the link and suggestion, Kim. I'd forgotten about this brand.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'll look at more of their handles. I didn't love the handle you linked, but the desert ironwood got my attention.

View attachment 1556158

This handle appeals to me. It is real malachite, not resin, but stone.

Thanks for the link and suggestion, Kim. I'd forgotten about this brand.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have his real stone Blood Basin Jasper brush... it's a bit dark in natural light.... but still beautiful.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Finally, a photo... but I have to say... I can't seem to learn the right product lighting techniques so I apologize in advance... best I could do with my limited talent and available artificial light. I hate the reflections.

Meet the Elite Razors' "Bloody Basin Jasper":

RE_EliteRazorBrush (2).jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks, Kim.

1668546077023.png

↑ That's a beautiful brush ↑

I suspect the colors look somewhat like natural light, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Finally, a photo... but I have to say... I can't seem to learn the right product lighting techniques so I apologize in advance... best I could do with my limited talent and available artificial light. I hate the reflections.

View attachment 1557130
Your photo skills look fine to me. :)

"Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" -Voltaire

View attachment 1557130

Beautiful brush! The dark two band knot looks really elegant with the color and shade of that handle.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 1555672

Several have appealed to me. This is one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That one is sold out. So is the one below which I think very attractive.

1668819545950.png

I'm kinda keeping my eye on this brand expecting to see great looking highly appealing handles pop up from time to time, handles which are actually for sale.

My wife said my Mozingo brush looks psychedelic to her artist eye. She did not mean that as a complement. She said she prefers my brushes with horizontal lines. That's the first revealing and positive statement she's spontaneously expressed about the appearance of brushes.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not jumping on the bog oak. I really like its contrast with the matte resin ferrule.

For what it's worth.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That one is sold out. So is the one below which I think very attractive.

View attachment 1558954

I'm kinda keeping my eye on this brand expecting to see great looking highly appealing handles pop up from time to time, handles which are actually for sale.

My wife said my Mozingo brush looks psychedelic to her artist eye. She did not mean that as a complement. She said she prefers my brushes with horizontal lines. That's the first revealing and positive statement she's spontaneously expressed about the appearance of brushes.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not jumping on the bog oak. I really like its contrast with the matte resin ferrule.

For what it's worth.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Nice. Was perusing their handles. Most impressive.
2017-08-29_155315-350x198.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Now I'm looking only for a very nice handle into which might be installed a 24 mm knot.

I've ordered a naked handle for a 26 mm knot. When it arrives I'll decide if I want to have installed a Mozingo knot.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
12-20-22.Chisel&Hound.Handle.Empty.640.JPG

12-20-22.C&H.Handle.Roosevelt.Edition.640.JPG

This is the handle I purchased. It is on its way to Brett Mozingo for installation of a 26 mm knot.

The handle is a Roosevelt Edition from Chisel and Hound. I'm not at all sure what the Roosevelt Edition means other than the dog on the bottom. I liked the handle before I bought it and like it more having inspected it prior to mailing it to Brett.

I'm still in the market for an excellent handle into which to install a 24 mm knot.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like OUMO handles

View attachment 1576283

View attachment 1576284

View attachment 1576285

View attachment 1576286

There's a handles section on their Aliexpress store but they sell every handle on their catalog on request even if it's not in the dedicated section.

Thank you.

I agree that their handles seem very nice. They're tempting.

However, I've decided to avoid as much as I can buying items and products from China. Probably I should have previously said I was looking only at handles made elsewhere. Still, I would hope this thread might be useful to other gentlemen who buy worldwide, so your suggestion has value beyond the lovely photographs.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom