What's new

The best tuxedo knot

Yes, I definitely LOVE my 23mm STF brush. It's one of my absolute favorite synthetics. Do you know if there's a way to buy just the STF knot by itself? Because if I could snag the 25mm knots, wow that'd be great.

Yes, you can get the STF knots from @Rudy Vey

So I picked up a TurnNShave tuxedo, quartermoon, full moon, and Silversynth, all 26mm knots; the full moon because it is the closest to a Duro knot you can still find and I love the Duro, and the Silversynth because it's just an awesome all-around great performer.

Fantastic!

Please compare the silver synth to the full moon once you've used them.

Yes, you can get the STF knots from @Rudy Vey

Fantastic!

Please compare the silver synth to the full moon once you've used them.

I have both in other brushes, so I've used them already. The Fullmoon is pretty close to the Duro; very round bulb shape, almost the same shade as Duro, very soft tips, and firm backbone that does splay under a bit of pressure to provide a nice, substantial face feel.

The Silversynth is closer to a tuxedo, but I think a little more substantial than many of those that I've tried. It splays more easily than the Fullmoon, but also has a good, medium style backbone (probably slightly more than a tux), a la many silvertip knots. Tips have very good softness, although maybe not quite as soft as the Fullmoon; a tiny bit of a scrubbing effect in a very pleasant or at least innocuous way. Excellent in the bowl, excellent on the face. It's just an all-around great performer, very versatile knot.

Reactions: nav
I have both in other brushes, so I've used them already. The Fullmoon is pretty close to the Duro; very round bulb shape, almost the same shade as Duro, very soft tips, and firm backbone that does splay under a bit of pressure to provide a nice, substantial face feel.

The Silversynth is closer to a tuxedo, but I think a little more substantial than many of those that I've tried. It splays more easily than the Fullmoon, but also has a good, medium style backbone (probably slightly more than a tux), a la many silvertip knots. Tips have very good softness, although maybe not quite as soft as the Fullmoon; a tiny bit of a scrubbing effect in a very pleasant or at least innocuous way. Excellent in the bowl, excellent on the face. It's just an all-around great performer, very versatile knot.

Thanks!
I love the full moon knot, the silver synth is on my list now.

TnS has very unique synthetic knots where the characteristics are not available elsewhere.

E.g. cashmere knots are everywhere and all very similar (apshaveco, Yaqi, ds cosmetic etc) but the angel hair is totally unique compared to the rest.
Same goes for the quarter moon.
I reckon TnS has really created a niche offering when it comes to synthetic knots.

Thanks!
I love the full moon knot, the silver synth is on my list now.

TnS has very unique synthetic knots where the characteristics are not available elsewhere.

E.g. cashmere knots are everywhere and all very similar (apshaveco, Yaqi, ds cosmetic etc) but the angel hair is totally unique compared to the rest.
Same goes for the quarter moon.
I reckon TnS has really created a niche offering when it comes to synthetic knots.

I agree, it does sort of feel that way: Milton has knots that are definitely tied to his brand, and feel like his own. Get that Silversynth; it became one of my favorite synth brushes the first one I tried, first time I used it.

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom