What's new

The best shaving stick soap I have used

So, today I tried the Palmolive soap stick.
What can I say ?
very easy to use, wetting my face with warm water, slide the stick on my face and lather it up with the brush and it’s amazing !
smell is nice and calm.
Lather is massive ! Hugh lather from a couple of strokes and very good feeling on the skin.
Really the best stick I had tried and for sure one of the best soaps out there...

Yep, totally with you on this one. I really can't think of any soap, or cream, that is slicker than the Palmolive Stick. Sadly, in the UK it's been discontinued, but still available in Europe, I believe. Another gonna!

Yep, totally with you on this one. I really can't think of any soap, or cream, that is slicker than the Palmolive Stick. Sadly, in the UK it's been discontinued, but still available in Europe, I believe. Another gonna!
Buy it on ebay
I can send you a link

Got a stick waiting to go in the rotation soon.

Look forward to see how it compares to Arko and Derby sticks I have.

enjoy all my vintage and current sticks!
and each is a tallowy soap!!

sticks.jpg

I saw this stuff in the shops about 18 months ago and bought a stick for £0.50p uk less than the price of a piece of chocolate or a packet of crisps. I held off using it for a few weeks thinking it must be rubbish to be so cheap but on a whim one day I used it. Wow! I quickly realised that in terms of lather, slickness and post shave feel this rivalled if not bettered any soap I had used to date.
This is the best deal in shaving and makes a brilliant slick lather as easy as anything. I bought a load of them I can’t recommend it highly enough.

I've been testing out the Palmolive stick and the Arko stick. The Arko stick is easier to get in the states via Amazon and not as expensive as Palmolive. I feel that the sticks that I have are similar in scent. The Palmolive wins by a hair scent wise. I plan to put the Palmolive stick in my travel bag.

Hello
I saw this stuff in the shops about 18 months ago and bought a stick for £0.50p uk less than the price of a piece of chocolate or a packet of crisps. I held off using it for a few weeks thinking it must be rubbish to be so cheap but on a whim one day I used it. Wow! I quickly realised that in terms of lather, slickness and post shave feel this rivalled if not bettered any soap I had used to date.
This is the best deal in shaving and makes a brilliant slick lather as easy as anything. I bought a load of them I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Yes indeed my friend
The post shave feeling it’s like you don’t need aftershave
The skin is so smooth

La Toja stick for me this AM: a great soap that works in most any water conditions (so it is my preferred travel option)!! :a29: :a29:

How is the most recent incarnation of the LEA shave stick?

I really liked the old stick with tallow, but haven't yet tried the most recent formula.

LEA has been my go to for travel for the last 5yrs. New formula is great, non offensive smell, great slickness, easy lather, good post shave. I put it above Palmolive, La Toja, Arko, Wilkinson and Speik.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Martin de Candre fougere stuffed into an empty D. R. Harris tube. You can easily make any croap/soap into a stick.

Got a stick waiting to go in the rotation soon.

Look forward to see how it compares to Arko and Derby sticks I have.

It wil eat them alive!

I've been testing out the Palmolive stick and the Arko stick. The Arko stick is easier to get in the states via Amazon and not as expensive as Palmolive. I feel that the sticks that I have are similar in scent. The Palmolive wins by a hair scent wise. I plan to put the Palmolive stick in my travel bag.

I'm sorry but do you have a cold or something?

Palmolive has a fresh clean soapy scent.
Arko is citrusy. Descriptions here go from urinal cake to citronella and citrusy soapy

It wil eat them alive!

I'm sorry but do you have a cold or something?

Palmolive has a fresh clean soapy scent.
Arko is citrusy. Descriptions here go from urinal cake to citronella and citrusy soapy

I like both of the sticks. I still feel like they are cousins in the scent world. If Palmolive was easier and cheaper to get in the states then I'd probably buy it regularly. Everyone's nose will register this stuff a bit differently.

Not yet

I was debating between Palmolive and Speik stick to go into the rotation next.

I had the Speick stick longer sitting around. So I went with it over the Palmolive.

Top Bottom