What's new

The Best Shaving Bowl Ever. I Just Picked It Up Today.

I have been thinking about doing this too. There is a pottery place near me, and my daughter loves going with the wife. Next time I think I will tag along, lol. By the way, nice looking bowl.

Very nice my friend! It's always better when you can design and make something with your own imagination and hands!! Well done!

Thanks for the compliments. The raised dots and line whip the lather up, super fast. I would encourage everyone to make their own, to their liking.

I started with a blank bowl that had the base already attached. I painted the entire thing, and used puff paint to create the raised lines and dots. It looks better in person.

I discovered one added benefit, in using this bowl, today. I have used a Vie Long horse hair brush, for several months now. It shed several hairs each shave. Today, it didn't shed. I tried another badger brush, that likes to shed, no shedding. I figured out why that was. With the other bowls, or mugs, I had used , in the past, I had to apply some pressure to get a lather.
With this new bowl, I use little pressure, and mainly the tip, for a great lather.
Ridges, lines, and dots, are where it is at, for making lather. Of course a rough interior would work also.

I started with a blank bowl that had the base already attached. I painted the entire thing, and used puff paint to create the raised lines and dots. It looks better in person.

It must just be my eyes... but the dots and lines look indented, not raised.

I'm going to investigate whether or not there's a pottery place near us!

I discovered one added benefit, in using this bowl, today. I have used a Vie Long horse hair brush, for several months now. It shed several hairs each shave. Today, it didn't shed. I tried another badger brush, that likes to shed, no shedding. I figured out why that was. With the other bowls, or mugs, I had used , in the past, I had to apply some pressure to get a lather.
With this new bowl, I use little pressure, and mainly the tip, for a great lather.
Ridges, lines, and dots, are where it is at, for making lather. Of course a rough interior would work also.
Just the tip is all that's needed ;)
I'm gonna try this too. I heard there's a pottery place nearby. I've been putting off my bowl search because I was just gonna go the IKEA route, but this looks interesting enough to do. Cue the ghost scene...

It must just be my eyes... but the dots and lines look indented, not raised.

I'm going to investigate whether or not there's a pottery place near us!

The photo is playing tricks on the eyes. I noticed that it looks indented, but they are all raised.I not the best camera, or lighting. I have been wanting to do another, but I have to wait until my daughter wants to go back to the pottery place. It's about the only way for me to get motivated, to go in there. All soccer moms and kids, I'm the only guy.

To get the raised lines and dots, use what's called puff paint. It will save a lot of time, and many many coats of paint.

Top Bottom