What's new

The best shave I've ever gotten with a SE Razor! Razor & blade combo may surprise you.

DD623C6F-A227-4F9C-8070-98D63773B193.jpeg
182C4221-CF78-4BEB-9625-D1CA749E53CD.jpeg
08D467EA-7F0B-44E3-9D2F-2DA99FC241D9.jpeg
1870924C-BA4D-4A13-B3D9-166453C05ABF.jpeg
1AAFCCB7-4270-40EF-8F92-BDDF17459507.jpeg
So because of weather in the NE my day cancelled and I thought good day to take the new razor that came in the mail Tuesday night out for a shave. As some may know I've been praising the nice smooth fairly efficient shave I've been getting with the Schick O Ring Clone With the Schick 11 twin blades from Japan and did a shave comparison between it and my Oneblade Genesis V2. Well 40 shaves later on the first blade I ever put in the razor it's still going strong and is my " When I'm in a hurry shower shaver " and a two pass CCS or spend just a little more time I can get a DFS in 3 passes. You may be asking yourself why is he spending so much time talking about the O Ring clone when in the photos I see a Schick Adjustable Injector razor. Ok here's the connection. After getting great shaves out of the O Ring clone which doesn't have a very large gap it just didn't make sense how a $28 razor with this crazy long lasting blade can give me a great shave. I've sent one to Cap & Chris and some other members who all feel the same. In fact on Christmas Eve Chris emailed me when he got home from his Christmas dinner with family and said tonight I was in a big hurry so I tried shaving with O Ring clone and OMG this thing gave me a great shave in like no time and it doesn't make sense with the small blade gap..

I'm like join the crowd of how & why it does what it does but it doesn't make sense! LOL

Ok so my thoughts were if this razor with a small blade gap can give me a shave that rivals razors costing a lot more and with O IRRITATION what would a more efficient razor with more blade gap that would accept the Schick Twin blade give me. So I started reading threads on injectors and what a lot of guys thought was the best injector and so I narrowed it down to the Schick Adjustable was what I was going to go after and so the search begins. On US ebay a very good clean one was going anywhere between $50 and $70 and even some of them had little scratches and signs of usage so I started to search my normal German, French, UK and Italy ebay sites as I've gotten a lot of my more rare razors from over there at a more reasonable price than if I had bought the same razor on our ebay. So I found one in Germany and the seller described it as in very mint condition and it had a Buy it now for $34 so I bought it. Took a while to get here which is normal so today I decided to use it.

Well I did 2 passes using my skin stretch short/medium stroke progressive beard reduction technique. WTG and then ATG. I followed it up with a XTG pass to go over some normal trouble spots. I did this as it's an automatic thing I normally have to do with a lot of razors and I'm not sure looking back that I needed to do a whole other pass as it wasn't picking up anything that I could feel. Maybe buffing was all that was necessary. I mean this thing didn't care about what side of the face it was. Most razors have to work harder on my right side to equal what i get on my left side as I've got some nasty cowlicks on the lower chin and mostly on my neck that always demands special attention and this razor blade combo just went right through it and treated both sides like there was no difference! Anyway what I ended up with was a very strong what I call level 2 BBS Shave. And although I've achieved this level BBS with some other razors in my den this shave was by far the fastest and the smoothest level 2 shave I've ever gotten from any SE or DE razor! Again with 0 irritation! I wish I didn't run out of cotton because if there is such a thing as a level 2 1/2 then that is what I think I got today. NOTW I've only achieved a level 3 BBS from two razors in my den and they are both very efficient DE OC razors but when I have gotten a level 3 there has always been a certain amount of irritation that goes along with it.

At this point I'm saying to myself is this the best blade in the world? I mean what blade can give you 50 plus shaves and cause no irritation? I can't think of one.

Hey I realize that we all sometimes justify what we've spent on a razor to give it praise even if in the back of our minds we've gotten better from lesser costing razors. So I'm letting go of that frame of mind as this was an awakening for me.

So FOR ME this razor shaved better than:

All my Gem razors including the MMOC
My Brass General
Both ATT SE2 and SE1
Ikon MRSE
El Jefe - Sold
Blackland Sabre L2 and L1
Schick O Ring Clone
Schick Eversharp
Occam razor
Oneblade Genesis V1 and V 2
Oneblade Core
Eveready Streamline

WIth that said there still needs to be more shaves done with this razor blade combo as I shaved on number 6 setting so it could be even more efficient on a higher setting but will it be as smooth?

How long will this BBS Level 2 shave last.. What's great is I just got a Level 2 with both the NEW Deluxe and Charcoal Level 2 OC the other day and it lasted about 12 hrs and this shave felt a bit a more solid of a level 2 if that makes sense and definitely smoother with no feedback from the alum block at the end of the shave. My face feels amazing right now.

Remember this is my findings and results and your's may be different.

F

Last edited:
Congratulations on the shave, Frank. I'm very glad that you're enjoying the Schick II twin blades with all the razors that you've tried them in. Your take on the blades is the same as mine.

Thank you for sharing this. I have one of those injectors and have never used it and it in mint condition too. I didn’t know I could use the twin injector blades without damaging the razor.

Thank you for sharing this. I have one of those injectors and have never used it and it in mint condition too. I didn’t know I could use the twin injector blades without damaging the razor.
Your lucky to have one in mint conditon and yes they fit right in no problem. Great shaves ahead for you and let us know how it goes.

Awesome description but if I keep searching after you describe these razors I’ll go broke before 2018 barely starts as once you give them all this praise EBay rates skyrocket

Awesome description but if I keep searching after you describe these razors I’ll go broke before 2018 barely starts as once you give them all this praise EBay rates skyrocket

Lmao Mark! Good thing about this razor is it isn’t going to break the bank and buy one bank of 10 blades and they’ll last you a year!

:a17:

Those Japanese Schick twin blades are awesome! I use them in my J-type. The most efficient combination I use. Gives as close a shave as I can achieve with any razor, with less effort than any other. Also, almost always blood free. Weepers hardly ever happen. I have never kept track of how many shaves I get with a particular blade, but these do seem to last a lot longer than any others I have used. As a way of determining the blade life, I loaded a new blade on the 1st January and do not plan on using any of my other razors until I feel the blade needs replacing. I fully expect this to take me into February!:001_smile

in the photos I see a Schick Adjustable Injector razor.
That's the Schick Type M, and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Injector razors are highly underrated. They give some of the most efficient and smooth shaves, an easily outperform DE and GEM type SEs. It feels like you're cheating when you use one. They just aren't as "sexy" or have the same nostalgia associated with them as DE and SE so they don't get a lot of press.
And of all of the Schick Injectors, The Type M is by far my favorite.

I've been getting with the Schick O Ring Clone
I'm not familiar with the O Ring, is that some variant, or are you just talking about the Schick Type O?

Schick Injector Razors

That's the Schick Type M, and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Injector razors are highly underrated. They give some of the most efficient and smooth shaves, an easily outperform DE and GEM type SEs. It feels like you're cheating when you use one. They just aren't as "sexy" or have the same nostalgia associated with them as DE and SE so they don't get a lot of press.
And of all of the Schick Injectors, The Type M is by far my favorite.

I'm not familiar with the O Ring, is that some variant, or are you just talking about the Schick Type O?

Schick Injector Razors
You are spot on in your statements and it wasn’t until one of the members made me aware of injectiors and that’s when I bought the Schick O Ring Clone and ordered the Twin blades and was blown away by the great shave I got. But getting the M Type Adjustable now gives me the ability to have more blade exposure and yesterdays shave was the result. Again I’ll say that the Twin blade is a freak of nature. It’s sharp, extremely smooth and I think one member on here has pushed it and has over 80 shaves with it! I’ve got 40 on mine which to me is just insane and mind boggling as it’s still going strong.

If you’d like to look at the O Ring Clone they have them at ebarbershop and if you want to purchase one I’d suggest signing in with your emai address and soon you’ll get a coupon in an email. It will set you back only around $30.
Take care and thanks for chiming in on the thread. :thumbsup:

Those Japanese Schick twin blades are awesome! I use them in my J-type. The most efficient combination I use. Gives as close a shave as I can achieve with any razor, with less effort than any other. Also, almost always blood free. Weepers hardly ever happen. I have never kept track of how many shaves I get with a particular blade, but these do seem to last a lot longer than any others I have used. As a way of determining the blade life, I loaded a new blade on the 1st January and do not plan on using any of my other razors until I feel the blade needs replacing. I fully expect this to take me into February!:001_smile
I’m glad to know they fit into a Type J also. What I said in my post aligns with what you just said. This blade gives as smooth and efficient shave as I’ve ever gotten and it’s just a matter of what razor you put it in. The Type M Adjustable gives me the ability to get a lot more blade exposure than in my other two injectors that I have which BTW give a really great shave to. Just not to this level and if was so effortless to boot.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
If you’d like to look at the O Ring Clone they have them at ebarbershop
Again, I think you are using the wrong terminology. The razor you are referencing is a clone of the Schick Type O (see the link I posted above). Unless it's some weird variant that I am unaware of, there is no razor called the O Ring.

Again, I think you are using the wrong terminology. The razor you are referencing is a clone of the Schick Type O (see the link I posted above). Unless it's some weird variant that I am unaware of, there is no razor called the O Ring.

Yes you are right it is a clone of the Schick Type O Ring. A lot of guys on here just call it an O Ring Clone so we are on the same razor. It’s just that I’m not using the correct terminology.
Sorry about that!

:thumbup1:

Yes you are right it is a clone of the Schick Type O Ring. A lot of guys on here just call it an O Ring Clone so we are on the same razor.
I must not be explaining my point correctly. There is no such razor as an O Ring, a Type O Ring, or a Schick Type O Ring. The razor is a Schick Type O. You have a Schick Type O Clone. There is no "ring" in the name.

Follow this link and you will see all of the Schick "types"..... Schick Injector Razors

proxy.php

Have you tried a Gillette Mach 3? It has "three" blades! :lol::lol::lol:

However, they are not bonded together into a single-blade unit. Let's just agree to disagree--and drop it.

It was just a joke!

LMAO!! Anthony I knew you were busting my chops and I was just wondering when it would happen! @xxaleria Anthony aka Rabidus was only kidding and he's like the blade Yoda so I totally expected that and to be honest I thought I'd get a lot more joking and harassment from the SE crowd for endorsing a injector razor and blade in the manner I did. So all is good in the force! :a45:

Anthony I've still got a few shaves to do with this combo on different settings to see if it is going to deliver as good and as smooth a shave as it did yesterday. Also I have to do some comparison shaves to compare it to some of my more efficient SE and DE razors. All I know is as of this moment this combo gave me not only one of the closest shaves I've ever gotten but it was the smoothest when I compare it to any other efficient razor I've shaved with in my den and you know that there are more than a few choices I have to choose from. This blade is special and I knew it the first time I shaved with it. I think it's been kind of hinden in the shadows as they are only available from Japan so kind of hard to get. Also in my simple opinion up until now the blade has not been able to be turned loose to show it's full potential as I've only used it in 2 razors that both have small blade gaps and very little blade exposure and would be labeled mild by most. Now that I've got a razor that will allow me to turn this blade loose a little more I'm more than excited to play with this blade and razor and see where it takes my shaves to. My mind is already thinking of a SS SE adjustable razor that could accept this blade and how cool that could be. I've also already written Schick to see if they would consider importing this blade to the USA.

Anothy you know eventually I'll send the razor and blade to you for you to take if for a spin my friend. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom