What's new

The Best Razor on the market

I believe that I've seen this answer applied to the same question about shaving brushes, and I feel that it is entirely applicable here.

The best razor out there is the one in my hand while I'm shaving.

Honestly, my favorites change frequently and my desire to use a specific razor can certainly sweeten the use of it. Also, I feel that at this point, I have begun to truly identify the strengths of each razor that I own. If I desire a close but forgiving shave, I know which razor to reach for and it is the best razor available for that shave. If I want to get that uber close shave, then I reach for the razor that gives me that result and it is the best razor available for that shave.

tonesbarbershop.co.uk said:
The Best Razor on the market Has Got to be the Vision, what do you think !
You not only asked a difficult question, but limited it unnecessarily, since many great razors are no longer on the market.

I can't answer best, but I can answer what my favorite is: the Vision.

It doesn't give me the best shave (that would be the Futur with Feather, and the slant is about the same as the Vision), but overall, it's my favorite. I like how it looks, and I ove how it feels. It fits my big hands beautifully, and I like the heft. It tracks better than any other razor: the cut is consistent and true, even if I take one stroke from my sideburn to my lower neck, and even though I have to do a little jig around the jaw bone. Nothing is as smooth, and it has the widest range of blade exposure to suit my mood and needs.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
I love my Vision now....after lasik surgery....no wait...

I love my vision now after finding out about the adjustment ring. I adjusted it down and now I can have a better range of opening for me....I can not shave with the standard setting because it is to wide open for me...however, since this adjustment, this razor is terrific....I sport a moustache, so I dont have a lip problem. But the rest is as smooth as can be.

I use the futur, progress and HD too. Love them all....also, schick injectors, gillette vintage, and edwin somebody razor too....all good razors,,,

mark tssb
OK Mark, I'll bite. What is this mysterious adjustment ring all about?

yasuo200365 said:
IMV the Vision is way down the table of best New razor available, it has some fundamental design faults - no that honour probably goes to the Merkur HD - keeping your sideburns level isn't so easy with a Slant.

As to best razor ever - there is no such thing, it's too subjective. However, Gillettes Toggle, 195, 1940's Super Speed, 1940's Aristocrat & 1930's NEW Deluxe models are hard to beat on the design & quality of construction front.

Regards
John
No surprizes here! Unfortunately, you didn't answer the question, because the Gillettes are no longer on the market.

I would have to agree, though, that the toggle is quite good. It's the only Gillette I can keep coming back to, even though I can't soup it up (it would be nice to have a little more blade exposure, but I can live with it when I use Feathers).

"The Best Razor on the market Has Got to be the Vision, what do you think !"

The way the original post reads, it is a statement followed by a "yes or no" question but with incorrect punctuation. Since I don't have enough interest in the razor to consider buying one, I'll go with "no".

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
tonesbarbershop.co.uk said:
The Best Razor on the market Has Got to be the Vision, what do you think !
The way the original post reads, it is a statement followed by a "yes or no" question but with incorrect puncuation. Since I don't have enough interest in the razor to consider buying one, I'll go with "no".

Randy
Right! You don't think?:lol:

Joe Lerch said:
Unfortunately, you didn't answer the question, because the Gillettes are no longer on the market.

I did Joe right from the start...,

Yasuo200365 said:
IMV the Vision is way down the table of best New razor available, it has some fundamental design faults - no that honour probably goes to the Merkur HD

yes, no, right or wrong? whatever! The Vision needs to go on a diet and loose about half an inch of wasted cap length..., build quality needs to improve ...., reduce the price by half ...., give the handle some grip.

Hard to beat the simplicity of a HD.

Regards
John

Top Bottom