the best cartridge ever: Your favorite cartridge

Which cartridge is your favorite?

• Gillette Mach 3

• Gillette Fusion 5

• Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide

• Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide Power

• Gillette Sensor 3

• Gillette Trac II / G II

• Gillette Atra/ Gillette Contour / Gillette Vector (in asian market)

• Gillette Blue II plus (disposable) \ gillette Sensor 2 plus (disposable)

• Gillette Mach 3 Turbo

• Gillette Sensor EXCEL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which cartridge is your favorite?
In terms of close shaving, comfort, no cuts, longevity of the blade

Gillette Mach 3
Gillette Mach 3 Turbo
Gillette Fusion 5
Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide
Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide Power
Gillette Sensor EXCEL
Gillette Sensor 3
Gillette Trac II / G II
Gillette Atra/ Gillette Contour / Gillette Vector (in asian market)
Gillette Blue II plus (disposable)
gillette Sensor 2 plus (disposable)
Also Schlick xtreme 3 not listed imo

In terms of shaving quality what differences do you feel between sensor and excel sensor?
What shaves closer?
The regular sensor more aggressive than the exel ?
I would say the Excel is slightly closer, but doesnt last as long as the Sensor for me.

Looking back many decades, I'd say Trac II was a high point for the Gillette cartridge. I never had much luck with Bic. My final cartridge shaver, the Gillette Fusion Proglide, was a frustrating product. The first shave was great, but shave quality plummeted soon after that no matter how hard I tried to keep the cartridges clean and dry. I just took a quick look at the reviews on Amazon and after all these years users are STILL complaining about how few shaves they get out of these expensive Proglide cartridges.

Looking back many decades, I'd say Trac II was a high point for the Gillette cartridge. I never had much luck with Bic. My final cartridge shaver, the Gillette Fusion Proglide, was a frustrating product. The first shave was great, but shave quality plummeted soon after that no matter how hard I tried to keep the cartridges clean and dry. I just took a quick look at the reviews on Amazon and after all these years users are STILL complaining about how few shaves they get out of these expensive Proglide cartridges.
Al so true

I would like to say the Bic Sensitive 2 cartridges (with the green hollow handle and 2 blades, non pivoting head) work quite well for me. They last me about 20 shaves, i use the trick of "honing" the blades by rubbing them against my forearm skin in the direction opposite from shaving (about 20 times) after each shave. This trick makes cartridge blades last longer for me (i have "medium" kinda beard hairs, so maybe that works for me (i would guess i have 5/10 the beard of a guy like "barber turko" ;-) ).

I dont get a BBS with them but certainly a DFS every time (i always shave ATG , 1 pass with some touch ups).

Original Gillette Sensor 2 bladed, non Excel is without a doubt the best cartridge razor.
I still have 2, one in my travel bag and one at home.
Still my favorite all around shave, prefer it to the DE razors I have
After a month with a "new" Mach 3 (an Edwin Jagger) I pulled out my Sensor and got a one-pass-9.0-on-the-scale-of-closeness shave.

Better than the Wilkinson I posted about a few years ago.

To me, the Sensor and the Gillette Labs exfoliating razor are the best.
Most of the time I use a DE razor but sometimes when I just cant be bothered either of those two give me an acceptable shave.
Just a shame the carts for the exfoliating one are so hideously expensive.

Top Bottom