the best cartridge ever: Your favorite cartridge

Which cartridge is your favorite?

• Gillette Mach 3

• Gillette Fusion 5

• Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide

• Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide Power

• Gillette Sensor 3

• Gillette Trac II / G II

• Gillette Atra/ Gillette Contour / Gillette Vector (in asian market)

• Gillette Blue II plus (disposable) \ gillette Sensor 2 plus (disposable)

• Gillette Mach 3 Turbo

• Gillette Sensor EXCEL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which cartridge is your favorite?
In terms of close shaving, comfort, no cuts, longevity of the blade

Gillette Mach 3
Gillette Mach 3 Turbo
Gillette Fusion 5
Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide
Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide Power
Gillette Sensor EXCEL
Gillette Sensor 3
Gillette Trac II / G II
Gillette Atra/ Gillette Contour / Gillette Vector (in asian market)
Gillette Blue II plus (disposable)
gillette Sensor 2 plus (disposable)

Sensor and Sensor Excel pretty much tie for best, close second is Sensor3 ( not disposable ). No other carts work well for me as a daily razor.
The heads of the Sensor 3 disposable and Regular Sensor 3 Cartridge , are exactly the same head ?

Last edited:
Sensor and Sensor Excel pretty much tie for best, close second is Sensor3 ( not disposable ). No other carts work well for me as a daily razor.
I really enjoyed the Mach3 when I shaved with a cartridge back in the day. I also liked the Schick Xtreme 3 Sensitive Skin.
All topped off with a splash of Mennen.

Lately when I travel I’m using a trac ii clone made by 7oclock with some personna cartridges. It works well and the cartridges are cheaper than most de blades.
Do you prefer the Trac II with LubraStrip (the white moisture stripe on top) or without Lubrastrip?

The original Sensor with two spring loaded blades.

If Gillette still sold them for cheap I'd have never found B and B, lol.
There are differences between a standard sensor and sensor excel in terms of quality of shave ?
i tried only the Gillette sensor excel and i dont like it
It felt DULL from the first shave and not sharp enough
It also gave me nicks+cuts
The result was a smooth BBS but I still saw gray areas on the face (5 ocklock shadow) and it did not give me a white finish like Gillette Fusion does

Wilkinson Sword/Schick Protector 3. Brilliant design, no nicks or cuts, shallow safety bar for ATG strokes right up under the nose.
I cannot get such 'closeness' with my SR or DE razors. Blades last 3 weeks.

When I shaved with cartridges my preference was with Schick Hydro 3 or 5. Recently I tried the Defender that I bought for my wife and I have to admit, it's not bad. I could shave with it if I had to.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I voted for Mach 3 only because there is no voting for Schick. I still believe that Schick made/make the better cartridge razors. I used a Schick Ultrex/Super 2 for years and still do occasionally. I have a Schick Protector from years ago that I shaved with and I don't think that I ever cut myself once. It had a net over the blades, shaved beautifully but then blades just disappeared out here in Australia.

Top Bottom