What's new

The best 10 bucks you ever spent (on shaving)

lasta

Blade Biter
Screenshot_20230425_190443.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
£5 in the early 1990s, for a new black plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic razor, with a pack of five blades. That was what started me off with double edged razors, when everyone else I knew was using cartridges and electric razors. I think packs of blades were about £1.50.

For the rest of the cash, until recently there was the Palmolive shave sticks I could buy at £0.50 each, or tubes of Erasmic cream at £1.00 each.

For the same money, I could buy maybe 10 cartridges, which would only last me about a week each if I was lucky, and they were worse shaves than the cheapo Wilkie kit.

That's easy. $9 for the handle +2, $8 for the four pack of refills. Take the Quattro, remove the glide wire assembly and replace that with a fifth blade, and you get this. Schick do not market this in the US at all under their own brand. It just hides in the shaving section at Target.

GChandle.jpg
GCBlade.jpg

I bought a 1930s short comb in excellent condition with the original case and a 1950 American Aristocrat in near mint condition and the correct mint condition case at a yard sale. The whole package was $10 two years ago. Lightning never struck again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom