What's new

The beginning of the journey

Hello people of B&B!

This is the first post that i make in this forum after i have been lurking around for a while, i finally decide to make an account.

I am a beginner in the wet shaving world, startet shaving around 3 months ago and i cant even rember what was the spark that made me start this journey, but i can say that i am enjoying every moment of it.

This is the set up of the day:

Cream: Palmolive

Brush: omega 48

Aftershave: Proraso white

Razor: King C. Gillette/ Yaqi Final Cut

Blade: Astra blue

Bowl: Poorly made Turkish bowl from Ebay

Today head shave was kinda rushed and I couldn't enjoy my time since my father needed to use the toilet. I swear he does it every time to **** me off😂. Also, it started feeling nice but I had to swap razor mid shave since it had been almost a week from my last shave and my hair had grown a lot(in retrospective I should have trimmed my hair first). The combo KCG and astra blue was unable to cut the hair on the back of my head, so I switched to the powerful but unpleasant YFC, i don't like how it feels but it cuts like a lawn mower on steroids and was just on setting 4😖. Overall the shave was decent and pretty close for just a 2 pass WTG XTG, can't do an ATG with the yaqi because it feels like I am using glass to shave not a razor, it's pretty rough and unpleasant.

Attachments

• 20230414_202421.jpg
    20230414_202421.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to the B&B community. As you grow accustomed to the various threads, you’ll see so many of us share much in common. You’ll see excellent razors at all price points that might catch your eye.

Good luck on your journey: may it be mostly smooth sailing (and shaving, of course).

Top Bottom