What's new

The beauty of vintage Gillette's is worth sharing again.

I've had this for a while but pulled it out for a shave today. It's no wonder Gillette dominated the market. Form, function, variety, style. 1930 Gold Belmont Deluxe.

This one shows a bit of aged orange lacquer. I have been curious about how long lacquer was used by Gillette. Another member asked when they started and @romsitsa noted it was in the 1920's. Would love to nail it down to exact years when it was applied but don't have enough data to make a conclusion.

IMG_4245.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg
IMG_4249.PNG
IMG_4248.jpeg
It gave a smooth shave today, no nicks, weepers, or burn with a 2nd day 7 O'clock Yellow blade.

Last edited:
I've recently got my hands on a 15mm 3-piece NEW De Luxe ( probably from a Red & Black set) with a Tuckaway handle and it's a decent shaver, but my also newly acquired New Improved Tuckaway and #160 Goodwill are much better.

I wonder if there's a huge difference between the 15mm and 17mm De Luxe versions and if it's worth trying the other one and how close are both to the Ikon B1 Deluxe.

I wonder if there's a huge difference between the 15mm and 17mm De Luxe versions and if it's worth trying the other one and how close are both to the Ikon B1 Deluxe.
I've shaved with both 15mm and 17 mm and I don't recall a difference so if there is one it must be minor. No idea about Ikon B1 Deluxe though.

Top Bottom