What's new

The Beatles Remastered

I had no idea about the Beatles Rock Band - my wife, who is afraid of guitar hero :sod: Will love this!

As far as the Cd's, we still have almost all of the vinyl in a box as we have been collecting the cd's, too late for us to buy the entire set since we are almost there with individual cds

Interesting article here
http://i.gizmodo.com/5216258/sorry-stereo-but-beatles-in-mono-rocks-a-lot-more

Apparently both George Martin, and the rest of The Beatles both prefered the mono mix. Apparently the now very common stereo mix was almost more of a novelty and all of the hard work and perfect production went into the mono mix.

In the UK Stereo processing was still very much a novelty until well into the seventies. Here in the US, dual speaker Hi-Fi was pretty much the "new" standard by the time Sgt. Peppers came out.

You know what's funny is that I grew up listening to my dad's copies of the early Beatles albums that were put out by Capitol here in the States, and they were all the "reprocessed" stereo versions. For those that aren't familiar with them, they were faux-stereo in that the sound was mixed into two channels, left and right, with the right channel having a slight delay that created a "full", very reverb drenched sound. When they re-released the original mono versions on CD I found that I hated the dull mono mixes and vastly prefer the reprocessed stereo versions. The early Capitol albums were released on a boxed set a few years back but I never bothered picking them up.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have no interest in buying what could be considered an attempt to sell us the same music again.

Maybe if I were a huge Beatles fanatic ... maybe ... I'd consider picking this set up after some objective quality reviews get out there.

I have no interest in buying what could be considered an attempt to sell us the same music again.

Maybe if I were a huge Beatles fanatic ... maybe ... I'd consider picking this set up after some objective quality reviews get out there.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Top Bottom