What's new

The Beard Thread - All Things Beards

On Amazon the Beard Shaper Kit

you got a pic of the beard template you got?

i got one but its a bit bigger then the normal ones but it came from china through ebay uk and i had to wait a few weeks but im still to try it though but like yourself ive got a white pencil thing to use to draw the line out which will make it easier hopefully :)

0B113430-59C5-4468-BE07-A76C3E588AB8.jpeg

I have had all kinds of beards and moustaches over the decades. Long beards, short beards, balbo, van dyke handle bar mo, drop mo, etc noe I just have a pencil moustache with a small soul patch. Spent all kinds of money on oils, creams brushes and combs. The only style I did not have was the Chaplin mo. I trimmed it once in to a Chaplin but my wife who is German wasn’t keen. :eek2:
i suppose thats half the battle in getting the wife on board with it lol

I think the Beard Ninja is actually a different, albeit similar, device. I like the one I mentioned because it was somewhat transparent and well made (I had another one earlier that I didn’t like as much).

It is good as a starting point after letting your beard grow out for a few weeks (when you find that you don’t like the shape of your beard). I took photos when I used the trimmer the first time so that I know how to line it up relative to my ears and mouth and throat.

yea ive seen that one before, called ninja something if i think correctly off the top of my head...

Reactions: saj
I think the Beard Ninja is actually a different, albeit similar, device. I like the one I mentioned because it was somewhat transparent and well made (I had another one earlier that I didn’t like as much).

It is good as a starting point after letting your beard grow out for a few weeks (when you find that you don’t like the shape of your beard). I took photos when I used the trimmer the first time so that I know how to line it up relative to my ears and mouth and throat.

yea i also got the transparent one to help with making lining up easier

this the one i got, its a generic one no brand as such and just from china,
but the reason why i went for it was that its pretty big compared to the other box standard ones

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

to be honest mate at the moment im growing the hair on my beard line and cheeks,
might make the line a bit higher and neater toio, well thats the plan, whether it works or not is another thing lol

Anybody annoyed by the painted beard trend that's been going on for the last few yrs now? It doesn't seem to be going away.

The weird part of that is they end up using paint on guys that can actually grow a beard. I just don't understand it.

If you can't grow it, don't paint it. At least that's my opinion.

This looks dumb imo

Screenshot_20210426-205756_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-205740_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Painted beard?! What? Thats worse than fake eyelashes!
I work at a hospital and keep it short and purdy. We have to wear the masks provided so no oils or balms. I will use them when it’s longer and don’t need to wear a mask. It’s like styling my hair then putting a hat on. I wash with regular shampoo a few times a week. I have a boar brush and comb but hardly use them. Can’t wait for masks to go away and beards come out and play!

Anybody annoyed by the painted beard trend that's been going on for the last few yrs now? It doesn't seem to be going away.

The weird part of that is they end up using paint on guys that can actually grow a beard. I just don't understand it.

If you can't grow it, don't paint it. At least that's my opinion.

This looks dumb imo

View attachment 1258277View attachment 1258278
yea i agree, i mean one thing i've noticed is that there seems to be a lot of insecurity with some guys with beards,
as in theyre looking for the perfect look but not being perfect makes it look perfect imo

I don’t think I have seen a painted beard outside of the theatre. Live and learn.
check out a youtuber called 360jeezy, hes a sick barber but i seen him using this black spray thing on peoples hair,
im on about the front hair line on the head, i think theyre after that click cut crisp look

personally i like to go for the natural look

check out a youtuber called 360jeezy, hes a sick barber but i seen him using this black spray thing on peoples hair,
im on about the front hair line on the head, i think theyre after that click cut crisp look

personally i like to go for the natural look
When I go to the barbershop, whoever cuts my hair is always shocked when I say I don't want that sharp edge on my hairline. I keep it natural.

I like 360 Jeezy he can cut. But man, those enhancements kill the haircut imo.

When I go to the barbershop, whoever cuts my hair is always shocked when I say I don't want that sharp edge on my hairline. I keep it natural.

I like 360 Jeezy he can cut. But man, those enhancements kill the haircut imo.
Yea you're right

yea I like watching 360jeezy,
You seen his funny vid about the haircut fails by other barber?

It's hilarious lol 😅

I keep a short beard. If it's long enough to grab, it's too long.
But here's my supply...

Various beard oils. Cremo, Nature's Pure, Duke Cannon, etc.
Wooden beard combs, made by Conair Men ($7 each).
Boar's hair brushes.
Regular coconut hair conditioner.
Cremo beard & face wash.
Various beard softeners. Cremo, Wahl, etc.

For maintenance, I trim with hair scissors. A straight razor will clean up the neck and cheek lines.

When I shower, I wash my beard with warm water and the beard wash. Then I apply the conditioner. It will stay there while I shower. Wash it out, and towel dry the beard.

Comb the beard (brush if I'm going out) and apply the beard softener. Once it's all soaked in (about an hour) I'll apply the beard oil.

My beard never gets long enough for beard balm, so I don't have any.

I keep a short beard. If it's long enough to grab, it's too long.
But here's my supply...

Various beard oils. Cremo, Nature's Pure, Duke Cannon, etc.
Wooden beard combs, made by Conair Men ($7 each).
Boar's hair brushes.
Regular coconut hair conditioner.
Cremo beard & face wash.
Various beard softeners. Cremo, Wahl, etc.

For maintenance, I trim with hair scissors. A straight razor will clean up the neck and cheek lines.

When I shower, I wash my beard with warm water and the beard wash. Then I apply the conditioner. It will stay there while I shower. Wash it out, and towel dry the beard.

Comb the beard (brush if I'm going out) and apply the beard softener. Once it's all soaked in (about an hour) I'll apply the beard oil.

My beard never gets long enough for beard balm, so I don't have any.

i like having a big beard but both short and large beard suit me thank God lol

im trying to grow it really big God willing, its more then a fist lengthn at the moment

i had to get rid of my kent boar hair brushes due to religious reasons but those were very good quality brushes

which make boar hair brushes you got mate? or just generic ones?

any pics to these conair combs?

have you tried making your own beard oil, balm and butters? i go through a lot of product so i find making it myself works out a lot cheaper in particularly the beard butter

check this vid out mate

7 Proven Tips For A Glorious Beard

believe me when i tell you this guy has some sick tips and tricks and has one of the best looking beards ive seen

try out pine tar soap, i got some from amazon this soap is amazing and i like the smell a lot, its like a smokey fire type of smell its really has grown on me and also get one of those shampoo brushes to exfoliate the skin too and get rid of dead skin cells

i've been using a leave in conditioner called cantu it has no parrabens and it really nice too

i like having a big beard but both short and large beard suit me thank God lol

im trying to grow it really big God willing, its more then a fist lengthn at the moment

i had to get rid of my kent boar hair brushes due to religious reasons but those were very good quality brushes

which make boar hair brushes you got mate? or just generic ones?

any pics to these conair combs?

have you tried making your own beard oil, balm and butters? i go through a lot of product so i find making it myself works out a lot cheaper in particularly the beard butter

check this vid out mate

7 Proven Tips For A Glorious Beard

believe me when i tell you this guy has some sick tips and tricks and has one of the best looking beards ive seen

try out pine tar soap, i got some from amazon this soap is amazing and i like the smell a lot, its like a smokey fire type of smell its really has grown on me and also get one of those shampoo brushes to exfoliate the skin too and get rid of dead skin cells

i've been using a leave in conditioner called cantu it has no parrabens and it really nice too
The boar hair brushes are from Walmart, about $4 each.
Here are stock photos of the Conair combs.
GUEST_3baa7d33-7daa-4a3a-861c-ff9f59b0dacf.jpeg

The boar hair brushes are from Walmart, about $4 each.
Here are stock photos of the Conair combs.View attachment 1263942
cool, that comb looks nice, check out chicago combs and kent comb and also those ox horn combs,
ive got a fair few kent combs but never had a chicago comb but heard rave reviews about them,
and also ox horn combs are meant to be good too, just youtube them and youll see what i mean mate...

when youve got a shorter beard you can use the comb a lot more but the more my beard has grown the less im using close teeth comb and using more wide teeth comb instead

i learnt that from this youtuber beauty and the bearded, hes got some sick knowledge and a proper funny character tbh,
ive really enjoyed binge watching his vids but it seems like he hasnt uploaded in a long time

Top Bottom