What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Beard Thread - All Things Beards

@Zig the Pirate these are the wide teeth and rake combs i tend to use

this one above is brilliant for getting right to the back of the beard and combing the whole beard from front to back

this one above is a really wide tooth comb which is brilliant and youll have minimal hair lost of all you hard earned gainzzzz

and this one above i just really enjoy using

@Zig the Pirate i just use plastic combs now, i think the whole anti static combs is just hyped up,
just because you buy wooden or carbon fibre etc doesnt mean its built to perfection

also avoid metal and stainless steel combs, i got a few and they drag a lot and pull out a lot of hair, not smooth at all

you prefer hard or soft bristle brushes?

i like a bit of both but i do like the harder ones better as i like to get a bit rough and its really good for big beards to be able to exfoliate the skin underneath and get rid of the dead skin cells
Hard.

Also, Byrd makes a $5 yellow comb made from the same stiff silicone used to make surfboard fins. It's poured from a mold, so there's no sharp teeth to pull your hair out.
I like it. 412Bgw5jVvL.jpg

@Zig the Pirate i just use plastic combs now, i think the whole anti static combs is just hyped up,
just because you buy wooden or carbon fibre etc doesnt mean its built to perfection

also avoid metal and stainless steel combs, i got a few and they drag a lot and pull out a lot of hair, not smooth at all
The anti-static thing is BS, true. I like the wooden ones because most plastic combs have sharp teeth (on the inside) and tear my hair out. Plus, a wooden comb will smell like your beard oil and that's just nice.

The anti-static thing is BS, true. I like the wooden ones because most plastic combs have sharp teeth (on the inside) and tear my hair out. Plus, a wooden comb will smell like your beard oil and that's just nice.
yea admittedly i fell for the bs, i mean having a little static for argument sake aint exactly going to kill you lol 😅

only reason why i'd reocmmend a kent comb is because its good quality,
ive heard good things about chicago combs but i cant justify the cost of them

obviously your beard is probably too short for a hair brush but if you ever grow your beard check out denman brushes, those are really good and what i really like about them is that you can take out individual rows too, to personalise however many rows you want to keep in the brush, also is really makes it easy to clean them too

i personally keep all the rows in as i dont get any drag with all the rows in

Available from Amazon. I bought mine at Target.
cool, i've got the kent slim jim which is a nice little handy pocket comb

i got the denman keyuring brush for a bit of fun, but the funny thing is, it actually works on the beard believe it or not, so handy when youre out and about lol

Top Bottom