What's new

The Beard Nod

I know at least some of you know what I'm talking about. That quick little nod of approval you sometimes get from someone else with a beard, usually someone you've never met before. I find I get it more in the winter time when the beard is about 4 inches or longer. How about you guys, have you gotten or given the nod lately?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The nod, the stare, the "nice beard!", the grab, the rub, the photo. I've gotten it all before.

A friend has the full Gandalf. White beard to his waist, white hair halfway down his back. The nod is standard, even from non-bearded folks. I'm pretty sure if you put a Shepherd's crook in his hand, God would be obliged to part the sea. Just because.

strop

Now half as wise
The best ones are from women, especially when I'm out with my wife. Her grip on my arm tightens just a bit!

A friend has the full Gandalf. White beard to his waist, white hair halfway down his back. The nod is standard, even from non-bearded folks. I'm pretty sure if you put a Shepherd's crook in his hand, God would be obliged to part the sea. Just because.

Cool.

I got the beard nod twice today, and even got a comment. I had someone tell me my beard is a true masterpiece in action. :lol1: :001_smile

One of my favorite beard compliments came a few years ago when I'd let my beard grow around eight inches. I was running at my local park when I passed a kid and his girlfriend. I had my headphones on, so he probably thought I couldn't hear me, but as I ran past I heard him say to her "See, I wish I could grow a beard like that." I flashed them a hang loose hand sign and smiled as I continued to run past. Pretty sure I saved a few seconds off my mile time, I was so pumped after that.

One of my favorite beard compliments came a few years ago when I'd let my beard grow around eight inches. I was running at my local park when I passed a kid and his girlfriend. I had my headphones on, so he probably thought I couldn't hear me, but as I ran past I heard him say to her "See, I wish I could grow a beard like that." I flashed them a hang loose hand sign and smiled as I continued to run past. Pretty sure I saved a few seconds off my mile time, I was so pumped after that.
Nice!

I was at the auto parts store a couple weeks ago with a buddy of mine. We're both sporting about 8 inches of beard. A guy with about a 2-3 inch pretty wispy goatee and mustache, who had to be in his forties, walked up to us stroking his beard and said "One day when I grow up guys, one day..."

I sport a circle beard and don't notice getting the nod much, but when November comes around and grow out the full beard til May, I do get the nod a lot. Mostly at work though. Out in public not as much, but it does happen.

Top Bottom