What's new

The “barbershop” scent and subjectivity...

So, I purchased a whole tubful of Stirling’s “Barbershop” soap (this was before I knew you could, initially, just buy SAMPLES instead!), and it was nothing at all like what I had assumed.

While to the Stirling artisan, it may have reminded them of a traditional barbershop, to me, the sweet, gingerbread (?) notes reminded me of a BAKERY, and triggered me to want to wolf down a whole box of cookies (tough, when you’re on a diet! 🙁)

Anyone else have a similar experience with either Stirling’s “Barbershop,” or any of the other “barbershop” scented soaps offered by other artisan soap makers? If not the “barbershop” scent, with any other hard-to-define scents?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think I understand what's happened .....
1622330884481.png

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Several artisans make Clubman inspired shave soaps as well.

Mama Bear - The Club
PAA - Clubguy
CBL - Club CBL
Stirling - Clubman
... and probably a load more.

Several artisans make Clubman inspired shave soaps as well.

Mama Bear - The Club
PAA - Clubguy
CBL - Club CBL
... and probably a load more.
Damn, bro... you listing the “DEEP” cuts now! 😳😆

NEVER heard of these, but def. gotta check ‘em out! 👍🏼

I think PAA CaD is supposed to be a barbershop scent as well. I don’t know/can’t remember what classic BS scent is supposed to smell like but they have Pinaud Clubman on hand at the shop I’ve been going to for years.

Stirling Barbershop smells like cotton candy.

of the “barbershop” category I really like Soap Commander Honor and WSP Formula T Barbershop.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I do not know Stirling barbershop scent. I also wouldn’t know what barbershop should smell like as I never went to one really.

if you ask me what type of scent = barbershop. My answer would be soapy

Top Bottom