What's new

The Barber's Saloon Soap

Btw if your interested to know kiwi this isn't a straight rose scent there is something behind it I can't explain its the combo I like I've tried T&H rose and did not like it one bit, but I love this scent, and am happy Nick confirmed it smelled like Kk so I can enjoy the scent in a more complete soap as far as performance is concerned

Well you can't drop that in here kiwi, not without a review maybe a picture or two lol
I've had a digital range finder camera for some while, but it eats battery charges like there's no tomorrow, and I became disenamored of that situation. Cell phones, with their included digital picture mechanisms haven't caught my fancy, nor seemed reasonable enough in service charges. Now, I have a new Cannon A1200, pocket size little camera. It wants Windows 7, which I have, but don't like. I plan to try using the camera with software from an older model Cannon, but haven't gotten around to installing that just yet.

I hung onto windows 2000 until 7 came out I like 7 after I got used to it plus modern graphics and CPU plus raid setups run way faster on it.

One PC around here runs nothing newer than Windows 98 SE. It's at least ten years old now. Vista is one I never had a retail copy of, just the public demo.

It's late now, but I finally got around to shaving. Using the Honey Bee "Ye Olde Barber Shop" and it worked fine, however it didn't LOOK right. It looked too thin. But I was also using a new brush, a Tweezerman badger, so I may need to try different brushes and different amounts of water.

The scent is just great. I chose to only rinse, to keep the scent going. I like it a lot, Maybe I have to mix it with something that lathers differently. That remains to be seen. I used my Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf, and got my usual DFS from it. (Gem Blue Star blade)

I'll probably order the regular size of this one from

http://www.honeybeesoaps.net/catalog.php/HoneybeeSoaps/ct22125/Shaving_Soap

Last edited:
One PC around here runs nothing newer than Windows 98 SE. It's at least ten years old now. Vista is one I never had a retail copy of, just the public demo.

It's late now, but I finally got around to shaving. Using the Honey Bee "Ye Olde Barber Shop" and it worked fine, however it didn't LOOK right. It looked too thin. But I was also using a new brush, a Tweezerman badger, so I may need to try different brushes and different amounts of water.

The scent is just great. I chose to only rinse, to keep the scent going. I like it a lot, Maybe I have to mix it with something that lathers differently. That remains to be seen. I used my Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf, and got my usual DFS from it. (Gem Blue Star blade)
when in doubt I pal lather, i just get a better feel for a new soap that way, but then its what i started out doing, you could also load a very wet brush right on the soap so you can make sure you have enough soap then add water as needed, im certainly not the expert here but its how i hone in on what i am looking for, glad you love it though, nothing like finding something that cost effective and works great for you

As for the lather, I had planned on taking one minute to load the puck but after about 30 seconds it began to lather on top of the puck in my hand so i set it down
View attachment 239864View attachment 239865

the lather was dense rich and creamy, and was plenty slick i enjoyed the shave I had with it, my face felt great and i kept picking the scent up for a while after I will be replacing this puck when its done for sure, after a couple of minutes after the test lather in my hand i squeezed out what was left in the brush, time was probably about 4 minutes after

View attachment 239866
Dont know much about this company but they did have some brushes and accessories as well,.. found this stuff at the local personal edge store at pickering town centre

Thats my review thanks for stopping by

I have tried the soap yesterday. I must agree that it is of good quality. I have now posted a review of this item (I'm surprised it hasn't been done before!), and used this link to post your lather pics. Thanks Syngent!

No doubt about it - the Barber Saloon soap and Klar Kabinett are very similar. The only difference is the Barber Saloon has a stronger rosy scent.

Up here I got it at,... uh that store in pickering town centre that has the name of.... gimmie a sec ill get it,....

got it, The Personal Edge

I know its on their website as well,... or at least it was

Top Bottom