What's new

The Barbecue Thread

As they say, when a man approaches thirty years of age, he is to take up at least one of two things: World War 2 History, or smoking various meats. I have chosen to smoke various meats, when I am not shaving with my World War 2 Era straight razors.

What is your smoker of choice? How many do you own? I'm a Weber Kettle man from West Texas, USA. I have two twenty-two-inch Weber Kettles, both of which were purchased used and at a huge discount, then restored by me. I also have a Smokey Joe kettle.

What is your favorite meat to smoke? I like it all, and sell candied baby back ribs as a side hustle.

Is your smoker fueled with wood, charcoal, chips, pellets, electric, or gas? I like to use charcoal for the heat, and place chunks or splits of mesquite for deep smoke flavor.

How long have you been smoking meat, and how did you learn? I've been at it for three years, and learned from YouTube and Facebook groups.
candied ribs.jpg

As they say, when a man approaches thirty years of age, he is to take up at least one of two things: World War 2 History, or smoking various meats. I have chosen to smoke various meats, when I am not shaving with my World War 2 Era straight razors.

What is your smoker of choice? How many do you own? I'm a Weber Kettle man from West Texas, USA. I have two twenty-two-inch Weber Kettles, both of which were purchased used and at a huge discount, then restored by me. I also have a Smokey Joe kettle.

What is your favorite meat to smoke? I like it all, and sell candied baby back ribs as a side hustle.

Is your smoker fueled with wood, charcoal, chips, pellets, electric, or gas? I like to use charcoal for the heat, and place chunks or splits of mesquite for deep smoke flavor.

How long have you been smoking meat, and how did you learn? I've been at it for three years, and learned from YouTube and Facebook groups.View attachment 1646491

How long have you been smoking meat, and how did you learn? I've been at it for three years, and learned from YouTube and Facebook groups.View attachment 1646491
Weber Smokey Joe for me. 19 inch that I've been using for about 15 years. I use a combination of briquets and lump charcoal and either hickory or apple wood chunks depending on what I'm smoking. I've used the smoker for pulled pork, brisket, baby back ribs, and turkey. How did I learn........trial and error. A lot of error when I first started. LOL

Top Bottom