What's new

The Bandit by Alpha Shaving Works.

It's one in the works from Alpha. I think their SE offering of the revamped Claymore Evolution was a knockout success. Works very well for me as a daily and also as a razor that can take on multiple days of beard growth. The Outlaw though well made, I thought it would provide a bit more oomph on efficiency side of it. Still a great razor that is smooth and easily delivers comfortable shaves, just fell short to my liking. It's the Bandit and looks like it will be offered up in both sb & oc configurations. If it ups the ante from the Outlaw, this can be a real nice 3 pc. option especially in the oc set up. Unfortunately, it will not be offered up in the Brass you see here as this is the prototype. Once prototyping is done it will be made of Stainless Steel. Kicker is it will be made here in the US which is plus for me. But, I hope Steve at Alpha has a change of heart and offers some samples up in this gorgeous brass. Regardless, I'm interested in this model and more specifically in the open comb set up.....

FB_IMG_1644243685837.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Made in the US? I wonder if the work is contracted with Timeless, kind of reminds me of their razors.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I will get one for sure. I already liked the Outlaw. Haven't got the Claymore, not ready yet to open a second razor front.

I am debating with a buddy about the handle, I like it a lot, he doesn't.

Let's see wh den the signup will be. The price has not yet been mentioned either.

I will get one for sure. I already liked the Outlaw. Haven't got the Claymore, not ready yet to open a second razor front.

I am debating with a buddy about the handle, I like it a lot, he doesn't.

Let's see wh den the signup will be. The price has not yet been mentioned either.

It's going to be a small release of 100 at first and numbered from 001 to 100. Didn't state specifically if there will be another run/batch afterwards. Price will be discounted at about the price range when the Outlaw was first introduced. Definitely looking forward to the sign up period.

R

romsitsa

This looks like a 3d render. The left one is closer to the camera but the right one is bigger and is somehow floating. Odd.

I love my Outlaw for daily shaves, I agree that the brass is a looker. Steve started with stainless but the Outlaw has been made in other materials, here's to hoping

Steve at Alpha just posted on another forum that he will have 20 Brass versions to offer. If th need/demand for them increases, he'd consider producing them in a larger quantity.

It's on.... :ihih:

Quick write up on the Alpha Bandit that I’ve signed up for in a pass around on another forum. Pardon the crappy pics…

First shave and initial thoughts.

Bandit OC/Super Iridium Polsilver
APShaveCo 28mm Silksmoke Summer
Ethos Greenfresh soap & splash
ADP Colonia Essenza

Went with the OC plate on the Bandit for my first shave as I hadn’t shaved since Monday morning and had a nice 3 days worth of whiskers to slice & dice. I like the package that the razor is actually placed in. Has a nice upscale feel to it with a nice foam cutout for the razor to be placed in that keeps it safe & secure. The box is sturdy and I thought the cover sleeve that goes over the 2 piece box set up was a nice touch in the overall razor packaging. If this is the retail version or close to what it will be shipped in, Steve at Alpha nailed it. For me at least. The look and feel of the Bandit to my eyes has a luxury look to it, next level if you want to call it that. Feels substantial in the hands once it’s all put together with an elegant look that also means business. The threading on the top cap stud is smoother than smooth, I mean world class smooth. Felt like there was a bearing installed inside of the handle thats how smooth and easy it was tightening up the components. I’m a sucker for Brass Alloy razors and the Bandit is no exception. I love the looks of it. Whipped up a gorgeous lather with Ethos Greenfresh and went to work. 2 strokes in and got the angle and kept it there for all 3 passes. Smooth, efficient and easy on the skin. There is a slight bit of blade feel but, not intimidating in the least. No skipping or chatter from the blade/razor combo as the blade was held very rigidly with good blade support. I was done in three with just 2 tiny weepers at the corner of my mouth and not an ounce of irritation. It’s a solid razor with some real heft so the weight will be pretty much all is needed to produce quality results. The caveat for me is there in that weight and mostly because it pretty much is centered around the handle. I like and prefer weight bias towards the head of the razor as one can tinker and experiment where ones grip would be best positioned on the Bandit. Here I had to choke up some closer to the head to get comfortable and that allowed me to get the results I wanted. That’s just me and is a bit of nitpicking but, I think better balance can be achieved with fluting or some sort of tapering along the top end of the handle to better balance out the razor as a whole. Still, not annoying nor a turnoff for me if this turned out to be the finished product. Had no issues with cleaning or rinsing out the razor between strokes and passes.

Very nice first shave. Next shave will be with the SB plate with the lather channel cut outs. Great shaves to all….

0A1F19DC-C3A3-45E4-B41C-A9DB94899C8C.jpeg

9FB1D986-7015-4091-AF5D-7354C617AA83.jpeg

C4744D6F-B983-43D6-AD3F-E32C044142FD.jpeg

B8E54B9A-FFD6-464F-BE2E-E2140C4A5E24.jpeg

8DF957A0-D153-420C-B46B-D9956D18163B.jpeg

837B47D2-8720-40D8-B864-00713440084B.jpeg

02323E8A-E695-4C54-A57C-B7BFE03C77E6.jpeg

DDCF359A-0EBB-4114-8FC4-00F94D1A7973.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am looking forward to the stainless steel version when it finally will be released.
The copper for 650 USD thrown in between seems to work via messenger/mail contact, the shop is still offline/sold out and the Bandit not listed in either material. Only got to know about it via Facebook group.

Alpha Bandit/Polsilver Super Iridium
Fendrihan 24mm Tux Black & Clear
Stirling R4L soap & splash
Banana Republic M pour homme edt

Second shave today with the Bandit and the serrated base plate with lather channels. A little over a day and a half’s worth of growth for the razor to tackle. Built a good lather with the Stirling soap and went with a full 3 pass shave. It was imminent from the first stroke that to me, this was not going to be as smooth a feeling shaver as it was with the open comb plate. It wasn’t rough or uncomfortable but, it wasn’t as easy feeling on my skin. Somehow I felt a bit more blade feel and the angle was quite easy to get and maintain. I felt no skipping or blade chatter during successive strokes on each individual pass WTG, ATG & XTG. The blade and razor felt more assertive and yet at the end the shave was just as close as it was with the first shave with the OC plate. Similar in a sense to an R41 ‘13 version with this SB plate. I also gave myself a couple more weepers around the stache area and on one side of the burns. Cleared up quickly and easily with a cold water splash and alum pass once I was done. I felt a bit of heat along the side burns, jawline and to the left of my chin. Not unbearable and actually quite low level but, present nonetheless. And to be honest, I still enjoyed the shave immensely. I chalk up the weepers and heat to just getting to know the razor and my inexperience with this slayer of whiskers. I liked the shave a bit more with the OC plate versus this one but, I don’t think this plate is that far off from being a smooth and still be exceptionally efficient.

Next is the SB plate with no lather channel exits. Great shaves to all….

5A8568E8-290F-4F3F-9675-679DEBE4D0E5.jpeg

What a beauty!
Just looked it up on their fb page, because I read Iridian said 650. I was like huh? Someone said price about the same as the Outlaw? I must have misinterpreted. But sheesh, 650 dollars. ☹️
No way I can (or would want to) hide that from the missus, I'm out.

Top Bottom