What's new

The B&B's First Ever- LE Fountain Pen *****Update Post #1 And # 360

I will try to address some questions-

Is it definitely going to be the green and black and not the blue and black?

Correct, the blue and black is very attractive, but we felt it was too "modern" for this style pen. However do not despair, one never knows what the "nib" will bring next.

Does anyone have a writing sample (quick cell phone shot perfectly acceptable) handy to compare the F, M, B nibs from Edison?

Perhaps one of the Goulet's has one?
Our friends the Goulet's have a video on their site with writing samples of all the three nibs.

Pretend that I don't know how the LE purchases go... When does payment have to be made? (And what is the cut-off date for this purchase?) I have to see if I can fit this into my budget.

The group buy will end on or about the 17th August. Payment will be due at that point. An invoice will be sent to your Paypal address.
Send me a PM with your info and Nib choice.

Sweet deal & group buy - Brian makes great pens! And this one is a beauty!! Too bad about the gold furniture though -- it's a show stopper for me (the only gold trim left in my collection is on two pens that are otherwise all silver -- sold the rest off...) :sad:

Sweet deal & group buy - Brian makes great pens! And this one is a beauty!! Too bad about the gold furniture though -- it's a show stopper for me (the only gold trim left in my collection is on two pens that are otherwise all silver -- sold the rest off...) :sad:

This is sort of how I feel, as well. I think the green ebonite with silver hardware would be a no-brainer.....

Does anyone have a writing sample (quick cell phone shot perfectly acceptable) handy to compare the F, M, B nibs from Edison?

Perhaps one of the Goulet's has one?

Yes, we do! I think several of you have mentioned it, but here's the direct link to our blog post with video and several pictures of writing samples. They are for the Edison Nouveau Premiere, but the nibs are identical so the writing sample would be true of the Glenmont.

I was excited when I saw that the Blue/Black would be an option. Then Jim crushed my dreams...

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Up until now I have had no problem resisting the siren call of the fountain pens. Being left handed makes writing with one a bit of a problem. But here you go bring out a B&B LE in green (my favorite color) and with the B&B badger head (my favorite logo) and with part of the proceeds going to the Sue Moore Memorial Fund (my favorite) and the PM is sent. :blink: (yep, in a blink).

PM sent on LE Edison pen. I'm ordering a fine and hope that it will write as well as it appears to from the links. This is the first FP I've seen in quite a while that made me want to augment my one pen collection (MB 149, medium). The straw that broke this camel's back was when another pen maker, Rudy Vey, liked it well enough after seeing it in person to order one for himself.:thumbup1: That was the sincerest form of flattery. I guess this will just have to be a Christmas present to myself, and have me looking for a package that isn't shaving related.

Ford

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
How durable is ebonite and can the clip be replaced at a later date for one that is not gold?

Shawn
I have made pens form Ebonite (hard rubber) for quite some time and use one myself for some 5 years quite frequently. It gets better looking with every use. Don't forget, bowling balls used to be made from black ebonite, and a bowling ball sure will have more abuse to take than a fountain pen. The top of the cap can be unscrewed and the clip changed without a problem.

Shawn
I have made pens form Ebonite (hard rubber) for quite some time and use one myself for some 5 years quite frequently. It gets better looking with every use. Don't forget, bowling balls used to be made from black ebonite, and a bowling ball sure will have more abuse to take than a fountain pen. The top of the cap can be unscrewed and the clip changed without a problem.

Thank you Rudy.

I'll send a PM.

So being a N00b in the world of fountain pens, is this really 180 times better than a Hero 616?

Please, Rudy, send EMS to Brian's house!

I hope you all know I'm only kidding.

Another question.

Will we be able to order standard Edison nibs and switch them out easily? In other words if I order a bold nib and decide that I don't like it can I order a fine nib and swap them out myself?

Another question.

Will we be able to order standard Edison nibs and switch them out easily? In other words if I order a bold nib and decide that I don't like it can I order a fine nib and swap them out myself?

I believe, iirc, hearing from BrianW that Edison nibs easily screw in and out. So, the answer to your question would be a resounding YES.

Another question.

Yes, I think all but one of the Edison Pens (the Mina) use the #6 nibs. Here is Brian Goulet showing how easy it is to change the nib.

Top Bottom