What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Nice morning, for October...

Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 07-52-22 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I dont know if this is a sign of a long winter or not, but the same Black Walnut tree in my yard has lost its third limb of the same size this summer.

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

Thats a 16 foot freighter canoe for scale and the planter box is 2x8's.

Healthy limbs, no rot. Just so heavy with Walnuts this year they couldnt support the weight. Crushed a tomato plant, broke my planter box...

99F humidex and 90% humidity at 10am. Fun with a chainsaw? Yep, not that old yet! :tongue_sm

As usual in Da Swamp: hideous. It's 82 F. even before dawn with a heat index pushing 90, and a soggy dispiriting heat of 94 (HI of 105?) expected this afternoon. And this will drag on for months yet.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Big thunderstorm rolled through last night starting around 10:00pm. The power went out around 10:30 pm and didn't get restored until shortly after 7:00 am this morning. I don't recall ever having a thunderstorm that just kept coming in waves like this one. At one point, in middle of the night, the house was surrounded by nonstop lightening for several minutes. When dawn came I was relieved that there appeared to be very little damage that I could see in the area.

I'm convinced that all the rain was my fault because, since we had very little rain in the last few weeks, I watered the lawn for several hours yesterday. :001_unsur

I did have one casualty. A relatively large branch broke off of one of my Witch Hazels.
IMG_0694.jpeg

Rain total overnight was 4.5 inches. :eek2:

IMG_0693.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
This is what rolled through here last night.

It was bizarre. I've never seen or heard anything like it. The lightning didnt stop or even slow down for 20 minutes. There were a few cracks of thunder but the most bizarre part was the sound of the lightning. It sounded like really strong wind, not thunder.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
IMG_20210913_125012618.jpg
Better than 2.25 inches in the garden last evening. Pea sized hail. Straight line winds hit less than a mile from here, took down a barn.

Then my lovely War Department said we got another half inch this late morning. Lots of thunder, one HUGE lightening bolt!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is some shots from just before yesterday's storm. The leaning tree has been getting werser, but not any worse for wear from the storm. IMG_20210911_190214765~2.jpgIMG_20210912_174547380.jpgIMG_20210912_174551618.jpg
According to my weather training (yeah, I'm a nerd with a license, a ham radio one. So laugh all you want, haters!) I should have already been in the basement when I took this picture. It's okay to call me a hero in my own mind friends!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
They said theres a solar flare...

42ec6003d939a5addab60c74ec55695206493d28.jpg

I guess they were right. From my nephews back deck in Fort McMurray last night.

Colder than a witches *** here in Berks UK. Flew down from Edinburgh last night ( delayed flight, ****e taxi driver, cold house) not a good end to a lovely week.
Storm Arwen was doing its thing making life pretty miserable for most people and it’s left us cold, wet and tired. ☹️

Top Bottom