What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I havent heard of schools being closed or delayed here from the cold. I think we need to have a foot of snow or more down and still falling before schools get closed for a snow day. That comes own to unsafe driving conditions for the school buses more than anything else.

I remember all the kids standing outside waiting for the school bus in Regina Saskatchewan at -40. All new cars out there also came with block heaters and mall parking lots and such have plugin's for them at each parking space lol.

external-power-outlet-connected-to-engine-block-heaters-of-cars-in-D2PH1X.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The only game animal you can shoot over bait here is bear. Bait and shoot a deer and you'll lose your rifle and your vehicle with everything in it and get a rather large fine. After that you might still end up in jail. Thats a serious no no here.
Seriously stoopid too, lol.

I love watching my Unkle Ted Nugent testify before the Michigan legislature last month or so ago. He skooled those danged fools. Talked about deer swapping spit in the wild versus feeding from a bait pile.

There are no intelligent bureaucrats in Lansing. At least none in authority.

My neck of the woods (deep southern Alberta Canada)
Tue 28F
Wed 19F
Thu 18F
Fri 10F
Sat 14F
Sun 32F
Mon 39F

FarmerTan

Oh, it's a beautiful day here! 49° and mostly sunny. The chickens are scratching in the leaves around the outside of the coop, that used to be the front of my house. You can't accuse me of not reusing and recycling!
IMG_20191126_145742653.jpg
IMG_20191126_145758941.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Seriously stoopid too, lol.

I love watching my Unkle Ted Nugent testify before the Michigan legislature last month or so ago. He skooled those danged fools. Talked about deer swapping spit in the wild versus feeding from a bait pile.

There are no intelligent bureaucrats in Lansing. At least none in authority.

Hunting here is defined in the Ontario Hunting Regulations as "Being in active pursuit of an animal." Given that, I'm not sure why they allow baiting for bear. Its not like they're hard to find since they closed the spring bear hunt.

When I lived in southern Alberta it was hunt or go hungry. Waiting just aggravated that situation lol. Although, it sure was nice to look at.

Milk River Ridge and Sweet Grass Hills Montana 1983.JPG

FarmerTan

Hunting here is defined in the Ontario Hunting Regulations as "Being in active pursuit of an animal." Given that, I'm not sure why they allow baiting for bear. Its not like they're hard to find since they closed the spring bear hunt.

When I lived in southern Alberta it was hunt or go hungry. Waiting just aggravated that situation lol. Although, it sure was nice to look at.

View attachment 1038401
Yeah, that ain't Michigan! Beautiful.

Of course, Michigan is "Pure", whatever that means, it ain't happening in Lansing, lol.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yeah, that ain't Michigan! Beautiful.

Of course, Michigan is "Pure", whatever that means, it ain't happening in Lansing, lol.

Thats the Milk River Ridge. We hunted that river valley a lot. I was so thirsty one day I just laid down and drank right out of the river. I didnt get sick either.

I shot my first deer there when I was 15. A lifetime ago in another world.

first buck.JPG

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
85° here in Deep Deep South Texas today
Windy and lots of dust blowing.
Looks like a front is blowing in.
Supposed to be in the 70’s tomorrow and then back up to the mid 80’s for Thanksgiving.

FarmerTan

IMG_20191214_132820343_HDR.jpg

Temperature is 37 degrees USA standard, lol.

Perfect weather for being inside watching others work outside.

Top Bottom