What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I had word from my nephew in Northern Alberta that the Geese have all flown south as of a week ago. Thats 2-3 weeks early.

e707b1e1fd40ec1f6a367e8db0daef9bd39ce0ad0de21dcf121d42d3f2658069.jpg

Waterton Alberta yesterday.

Untitled.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-30 The Weather Network - PHOTOS Fierce winter storm buries cars, brings 90+...png

The Geese knew...

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We are getting a little bit of rain right now. We call it a “mata polvo”.
That is just enough rain to dampen all the dust.
It dropped the temperature about 15°.
97B93B7A-EA01-4BB7-B64F-7CD0FBDBCD9B.png

martym

You stay safe!!
We have 2 fronts coming
The 1st will get us into the 50’s and the 2nd will get us into the 40’s.
No snow.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Cold today, about 15 degrees Fahrenheit below the normal high. At present it is 23 degrees, 1145pm.

martym

Wow!!!
It’s 53° here and people are wearing coats. Heavy coats.
Not light jackets.
We have very thin blood here.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
53F there must be cold. 53F here is great lol.

Screenshot_2019-11-08 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

More lake effect snow for the weekend. It is that time of year I guess. The snowblower is ready!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
If we didn’t have heaters in the blinds I would give up deer hunting.

I've never deer hunted from a blind, but there is a reason I did most of the walking and little of the standing lol. I never had the patience to sit and wait for deer to come to me, I always went and found them and either shot them or chased them to the guns where, more often than not, no one could hit them lol. Frustrating...

The last doe I shot I was sitting on a fence line waiting for the walkers to come through the bush. That was a double concession, 2 miles, and a lot of thick bush so it took them awhile. It was -16C with about 6"s of snow and I'd pushed that bush many times myself so I knew what they were in for. I wore a Canadian Military Arctic Survival parka that weighs about 15lbs lol. I just sat with my back to a fence post had a bit of a nap and woke up just in time to shoot that doe.

When they finally made it through the bush they asked "who did the shooting." I said "I did." They asked "wheres the deer?" I pointed the shotgun into the field and said "right there." We walked to it and one guy counted 147 steps. They asked me where I was standing, I said right where you found me lol. He said I was full of **** lol. I said go look for my cig butts and empty shells, so they did. Then they believed me.

Two shots with my Remington 11-87 with a rifled tube and Remington 3" Copper Solid sabots. The first shot hit the plowed field 6 feet behind her level with her tail as she ran across it. The second shot hit her right in the neck half way between shoulder and head. She turned 90° directly away from me, took 3 steps and fell over. I can still see the three puffs of steam in the air from her last breaths. That slug didnt exit but it did its job.

That was the first week of Dec. 2002. I havent been deer hunting since.

martym

Nice story!
I prefer the blinds
My “me” time
My blind has feeders on 3 sides and I put corn on the senderos out to 450-500 yards. The feeders are set to go off 3 times a days all year. The deer come to us and we simply pick what we want.
Same with hogs. All of our feeders have lights for night hunting hogs.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Nice story!
I prefer the blinds
My “me” time
My blind has feeders on 3 sides and I put corn on the senderos out to 450-500 yards. The feeders are set to go off 3 times a days all year. The deer come to us and we simply pick what we want.
Same with hogs. All of our feeders have lights for night hunting hogs.

The only game animal you can shoot over bait here is bear. Bait and shoot a deer and you'll lose your rifle and your vehicle with everything in it and get a rather large fine. After that you might still end up in jail. Thats a serious no no here.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Couple inches here. Couple inches there. Next thing you know, you've had a foot of snow...

Screenshot_2019-11-12 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

martym

It’s down to 38°.
I may have to work overtime on the midnight shift tonight and we are right on the river. Burr!!
Broke out a baselayer and wool socks.
Gonna have mid weight base layer, uniform shirt, sweater, light jacket, and then heavy coat if needed. Of course gloves and watch cap. Hopefully I won’t have to stay though.
My regular shift will be in an office or transporting.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The river might feel like a hot tub. Just sayin! lol

Its just stopped snowing here, again, so I get to go shovel, again.

martym

Get a load of this:
Because of the cold weather schools started an hour later this morning and local shelters are open for tonight.
We do live in a very impoverished part of Texas on the Mexican border.

Top Bottom