What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'll take this for as long as I can have it, which might be another couple weeks before we get a long stretch of jungle weather.

Screenshot_2019-06-23 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

I don't think I could live somewhere that when you spit it freezes before it hits the ground. When it gets 60F here it's jacket weather. That humidity and dew point has a major effect. In the Yucatan it usually gets about 80F something, but I sweat bullets while the humidity is 98-99%.

I'm envious of those that live in the desert. I belong in New Mexico or Arizona I think. I'd just need to hide at midday haha.

The cold doesnt bother me that much, but the 100+ degree days with 90% or more humidity is brutal.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Maybe we can swap homes a few weeks a year.

Jan/Feb would be good. I'll need to pick up a 1911, update my paperwork and apply for a carry permit. Dont worry, I'll make sure theres gas for the snowblower haha.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That sounds great. Don’t worry about weapons. I’ll give you the safe combo.
It will be warm enough for y’all to swim and of course the pits are there for you.
Oh! You’ll need to go to the ranch once a week or so just to check on it!
And if you wanna stay a few nights that’s good too!!
The house has central air and heat. 4/1
Hog hunting year round 24/7. We have motion lights on the feeders.
We also have Axis deer and they are also year round 24/7.
Sounds like an even swap to me.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That sounds great. Don’t worry about weapons. I’ll give you the safe combo.
It will be warm enough for y’all to swim and of course the pits are there for you.
Oh! You’ll need to go to the ranch once a week or so just to check on it!
And if you wanna stay a few nights that’s good too!!
The house has central air and heat. 4/1
Hog hunting year round 24/7. We have motion lights on the feeders.
We also have Axis deer and they are also year round 24/7.
Sounds like an even swap to me.

Bacon wrapped tenderloins over mesquite at sunset. I can handle that!

Coming to the end of 10 days in central France and it's getting hotter by the day. According to the thermometer on the wall, which is in the sun, but it is only 10.00 here, it's 35 Celsius. Going to be a nice TGV to Paris later...

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Rained all night last night!!
74° this morning (20° below average) but 90° humidity.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Screenshot_2019-07-10 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

LIES!

The thermometer in the yard, in the shade at the moment, is reading right at 100° and the humidity is up there too. Damn hot.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just east of you, my max/min thermometer for the day, high 30.1C/86.2F @ 17:42, presently 29.9C . Low was @ 05:42 - 16.5C.

dave

I'm pretty much in downtown London. It's always warmer here than The Weather Network says it is but they get their readings from the airport. I knew it was hot, but I didnt think it was that hot.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thick out there today. Good thing its not sunny.

Screenshot_2019-07-19 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

Deep, heavy thunder in the distance.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
88 and humidity makes me feel like....why did I come outside.
Good day for me to make a brush or two :)
Shop is in my basement with the air conditioning in the house sinking to the basement . Why did I come out?

I started a stopwatch 15 minutes ago after maybe the initial 5 minutes of rolling, rumbling thunder. No distinct claps until just now, little in the way of lightning, very little rain, for the most part bright skies, little wind, just continuous thunder, not a break.

Never heard anything like this before, keep thinking of the Drive By Truckers lyric... 'it sounded like a train'...

... 19.5 minutes...
dave

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It did more than threaten here. A full 30 minutes of house shaking thunder, large hail and tropical downpour. I had hail about 1" across here.

Top Bottom