What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

The weather has been pretty vile here of late: very hot in the mornings, up to around 33C, which is 91F I believe, with 90% humidity, then in the afternoon, massive thunderstorms. Today it has started earlier than usual - this is about 30 mins ago from my office on the 28th floor:
21-11-23.jpg
Mind you, it is quite cool, down to 26C...

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
About half an hour or so ago in Fishing Creek North of Harrisburg.
30°F. Light winds below 5mph (edit: 8+mph) Snowing, about 3" right now, I think.
0106241503b.jpg
0106241503a~2.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Far North suburbs of Chicago, we got the first real snow of the season today. Only about 1/2 inch.
I have not put the snow plow on the tractor yet this season. I'm hoping for a snow-less mild winter.
Another month or two and we should be in the clear.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Meechigan had little today. drove up to Saginaw & back and all gone. The Weather dudes say 3 inches soon. The climate change denyers will argue I'm sure

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Far North suburbs of Chicago, we got the first real snow of the season today. Only about 1/2 inch.
I have not put the snow plow on the tractor yet this season. I'm hoping for a snow-less mild winter.
Another month or two and we should be in the clear.

Either I spoke too soon or I jinxed it.
We have a winter storm warning saying 6 to 8 inches is possible tonight.
I took the mower deck off, and put the snowblower on the tractor this morning.
:sad:

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Changed to F since the majority of the users are in the US.

I guess this is our "payment" for a December where it was above freezing everyday... Calgary is weird though, the Chinook winds can turn a winter day into spring at the drop of a hat. Enough to wake the bumblebees a couple of Januarys in a row.

1704733353072.png

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
The dream is over. Finally winter in Calgary. -13C high today, a few cm of snow last night. At least it's a dry cold, feels "warmer" than a 0C day in a Great Lakes city.

Yesterday afternoon was hovering around freezing pt.

1000003614.png

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We had a cold front blow in yesterday.
It got down to 49° this morning and the high only reached 74°.
Us South Texicans were wearing jackets all day today.

Still in monsoon season here, with about 900mm (3') so far this year, and plenty more to come.

But everything is very green, the dams are full, and the frog chorus is in fine form. :)

Top Bottom