Weight: 290 lb
Waist: 44 in
Change in weight since last update: 2 lb
Total weight lost: 2 lb
Inches dropped since last update: N/A
Total inches dropped: N/A
Weight goal: 245 lb
Waist goal: 38 in

Just got back from a ski retreat with my students, but since I don't ski the only exercise I was able to squeeze in was a snow football game on the side of one of the slopes. I was marginally able to watch what I ate and limit the amount of soda intake. Now that I'm back home, its back on the grind. I'll have my official weigh in tomorrow (I've already eaten breakfast and want to give myself every advantage I can).

I was coming here this morning to post a quick status update

Weight: 354lbs

But, my company now has B&B blocked because it "violates the Mutual Respect and Sexual Harassment policies." I'm fighting it because there is nothing on this site that is offensive to anyone. I'm able to bypass the block using an online proxy, but I shouldn't have to do that. I'm so angry :mad:

But, my company now has B&B blocked because it "violates the Mutual Respect and Sexual Harassment policies." I'm fighting it because there is nothing on this site that is offensive to anyone. I'm able to bypass the block using an online proxy, but I shouldn't have to do that. I'm so angry :mad:

Careful, careful. Posting here isn't worth losing your job!

Oh yea, today was 3.5 miles on the stationary bike. My legs were a little sore from the running over the weekend, so I took it easy on the bike.

Last edited:
I was coming here this morning to post a quick status update

Weight: 354lbs

Careful, careful. Posting here isn't worth losing your job!

Oh yea, today was 3.5 miles on the stationary bike. My legs were a little sore from the running over the weekend, so I took it easy on the bike.

Yeah, it looks like I jumped the gun, so to speak. One of our main links was down, so they cranked up the filter to save bandwidth. I should be able to access B&B tomorrow when the link is restored :001_smile

Good job on the bike. Stationary bikes kill my quads, so I'd much rather walk or run.

I'm definitely in luck, my roommates are both skinny athletes who keep taking me to the gym.

did 30 minutes on an elliptical machine and then 20 on a bike, came out to two miles of jogging and 3 miles of biking, I cranked up the resistance on both.

I just got back from the gym. It has been a long time since I used an elliptical machine, I had forgetting how nice they are on my knees, ankles, hips and lower back :lol:

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I burned 811 calories total according machines and covered 7 miles in the process.

I'm definitely in luck, my roommates are both skinny athletes who keep taking me to the gym.

did 30 minutes on an elliptical machine and then 20 on a bike, came out to two miles of jogging and 3 miles of biking, I cranked up the resistance on both.

That'll do it! You are both lucky and damned all at the same time! Keep it up!

I just got back from the gym. It has been a long time since I used an elliptical machine, I had forgetting how nice they are on my knees, ankles, hips and lower back :lol:

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I burned 811 calories total according machines and covered 7 miles in the process.

Awesome job ellipticals are great for the joints and it's a good way to shake things up from time to time even for die hard runners.

My run this morning was 4.5 miles on a treadmill in 39 minutes. I really hate treadmills, but with all the snow and ice we have right now that is my only real option. I'll be sore tomorrow though. I had several days off in between runs. Any more than a 2 day break and I pay for it!

5.69km in 26 minutes today - hit 39.6km/h at one point (before I remembered the severe speed hump I was headed for and slowed down considerably) - still mud, ice, ice-covered mud and mud-covered ice still very much in evidence - at least it was above zero today :smile:

2.5km of uphill thigh bending yesterday - and 6km of mud, gravel, grass, muddy gravel, muddy grass, grassy mud and gravelly mud today - including a brief trip across an 'international' frontier :lol: (in to England)

I'm not your doctor, but that might be a bit extreme for you, 2000 calories ain't much.
You may consider doing 5-6 smaller meals a day, 400-500 calories per meal. check the web for a calorie calculator, it will help you determine how many calories a week to eat to lose a pound, 2 pounds, etc, based on body weight and activity level, so take that and divide it by 5 or 6, depending on how many meals you plan to do, and modify it each month as you progress and lose weight.
you don't want such an extreme calorie cut that will make your body think it's starving and hold fat in for reserve...frequent small meals will stoke your metabolism, kinda like slowing feeding a fire a little bit of wood frequently will keep it hotter, and dumping a bunch on in one setting will nearly put it out.
just a thought, may or may not be worth 2 cents...

Thanks for the input. My body seems to do pretty well with calorie restrictions. I break my meals down into 5 or 6 smaller meals. When I get to exercising 4 times a week or more then I will typically have a post-work out recovery drink.

Today's menu is:

Breakfast: 3 eggs whites scrambled mixed with 1 turkey sausage patty and green onion , 2 pieces of wheat toast with less than tsp of jam on each, water.

Mid-morning snack: 1 Zone bar, water

Lunch: Salad with 1 serving shredded parmesian cheese, lettuce, 1 grilled chicken breast, few baby carrots, 1 serving fat free crutons and water

Afternoon snack: 2 pieces of light string cheese and apple or low-fat yogurt

Dinner: grilled fish with vegetables, diet soda

If need any additional will have a low calorie protein shake.

Sound ok?

Hey, I decided to join this thread as I'm in the process of losing body fat as well (I say losing body fat because I want to gain weight, but lose fat). When I first started at the gym I was 5'9 100 kg (220 pounds) and 24% body fat. I'm now just about 6'0 115.5 kg (255 pounds) and only 19% body fat :biggrin: I want to lose another 5% body fat, so for now I'm running and swimming every day on top of just doing weights.

Thanks for the input. My body seems to do pretty well with calorie restrictions. I break my meals down into 5 or 6 smaller meals. When I get to exercising 4 times a week or more then I will typically have a post-work out recovery drink.

Today's menu is:

Breakfast: 3 eggs whites scrambled mixed with 1 turkey sausage patty and green onion , 2 pieces of wheat toast with less than tsp of jam on each, water.

Mid-morning snack: 1 Zone bar, water

Lunch: Salad with 1 serving shredded parmesian cheese, lettuce, 1 grilled chicken breast, few baby carrots, 1 serving fat free crutons and water

Afternoon snack: 2 pieces of light string cheese and apple or low-fat yogurt

Dinner: grilled fish with vegetables, diet soda

If need any additional will have a low calorie protein shake.

Sound ok?

Looks pretty good, like I said, when it comes to nutrition, I'm no expert, I just know what I've read and experienced - the comparison to a Green Belt would not be out of order - knows just enough to be dangerous :biggrin:

Here's some links to calorie calculators I mentioned before:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
http://www.fitday.com/ (free membership allows you access to one, IIRC)

there are more, but you'll get the same thing basically, just Google it...

like I said, I get concerned for my Brethren when I see such a drastic change, just didn't want a potential bear-trap to catch ya!

Welcome Chris and Arty -- thanks for helping to motivate the rest of us! Thanks also to those who've posted activity this week.

My own progress thus far: Original BMI: 35.2, Current BMI: 34.4. That's frankly a bit faster than I'd like to be losing, and I paid the price by feeling pretty much devoid of energy on Sunday, but I'm feeling much better now... Travel and meals with potential colleagues starting tomorrow -- wish me luck!

Welcome Chris and Arty -- thanks for helping to motivate the rest of us! Thanks also to those who've posted activity this week.

My own progress thus far: Original BMI: 35.2, Current BMI: 34.4. That's frankly a bit faster than I'd like to be losing, and I paid the price by feeling pretty much devoid of energy on Sunday, but I'm feeling much better now... Travel and meals with potential colleagues starting tomorrow -- wish me luck!

*Msg'd via in PM

Last edited:
Here's some links to calorie calculators I mentioned before:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cal...ulator/NU00598
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
http://www.fitday.com/ (free membership allows you access to one, IIRC)

Thanks for the links. I did have a snack after dinner last night consisting of 1 serving of fat free pretzels and one piece of light string cheese about 160 calories total.

Caloric intake was right at 2000 yesterday. I will monitor and if start feeling hungry will add another small meal.

Thanks

Good luck Chad. Its always difficult for me to maintain my diet and exercise while I'm traveling.

Top Bottom