What's new

The Art of Shaving

Well I went to the local mall and what did I see... it was the Art of Shaving store. It wasn't there the last time I went to the mall (which was about 6 months ago)

SO I decide to pop in and it is a very nice store rather small and say with more than 5 or 6 people in there it would be crowded but it was pretty cool. So I decided to pick up some AOS Lemon cream and AS Lemon gel and was offered a free shave by an employee. Well unfortunately I had shaved that morning so I had no need for a 2nd shave but maybe next time I'll give it a twirl.

I'm about to jump in the shower and then put the AOS to work and see if it's high price is worth it. But I could imagine myself spending a few bills within the confines of that store. Almost more than if I had decided to walk into the Apple store (when I go in there I need to leave the wallet at home otherwise I'll end up with a few thousand more on my credit cards.)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I am not a fan of the entire AOS "mindset", and I think that some of their products border on the ridiculous ($20+ for an ounce of olive oil? Not even first press, I'll wager!). Their brushes are priced outlandishly, their a/s balm is glop, and their razors (aka- Mach3 blade holders) have to be somebody's idea of a joke.:confused:

Still, giving credit where credit is due, I must say that their shave creams are top notch, particularly the lavender and lemon. At $22, I wouldn't dream of calling them a ripoff in a world where Trumper, Harris, and Coates fetch $25+. Good stuff.

ouch said:
I am not a fan of the entire AOS "mindset", and I think that some of their products border on the ridiculous ($20+ for an ounce of olive oil? Not even first press, I'll wager!). Their brushes are priced outlandishly, their a/s balm is glop, and their razors (aka- Mach3 blade holders) have to be somebody's idea of a joke.:confused:

Still, giving credit where credit is due, I must say that their shave creams are top notch, particularly the lavender and lemon. At $22, I wouldn't dream of calling them a ripoff in a world where Trumper, Harris, and Coates fetch $25+. Good stuff.
You recognize that when there is nothing else in the area, it's the Best a Man Can Get!!!

AOS seems to generate ire for some of the reasons mentioned above. Personally, I think their creams are absolutely top notch. Their hair care products are also superlative. If you don't like them or their prices, simply don't buy from them.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
guenron said:
You recognize that when there is nothing else in the area, it's the Best a Man Can Get!!!

Ron, you never run out of expressions, LOL.

I guess I'm spoiled, being a city slicker and all.

guenron said:

I agree. If you're in a dessert, and someone offers you a class of muddy water with a tadpole swimming in it, that's what you drink. These multi-blade razor companies have cornered the market and their products are all you can get, at least easily, so it is indeed the best "you can get" - not the best that you can use.

It like the stand up ocmic, can't remember his name, talking about A&E being "Time well spent." and he just put the accent on the last word, with a pause between well and spent, and is sounds like time that you , well, will never get back.

Conspiracy theories anyone?

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
I agree. If you're in a dessert.....................

Conspiracy theories anyone?

Peace,

Pierre

Yeah, if you're in a dessert, you'd better hope it's a Boston Cream Pie or there's definitely a conspiracy going on!

Now a desert on the other hand.............

Hey, just poking fun!!:biggrin: :a30: :001_tt2:

woodbane said:
Yeah, if you're in a dessert, you'd better hope it's a Boston Cream Pie or there's definitely a conspiracy going on!

Now a desert on the other hand.............

Dessert? Jesus! And of course my spell checker thought it was fine! Sheesh, so much for proofreading. And - get this - I'm a writer/editor. Yeah, I edit and proofread every day, for a living.

But, as it happens, I just checked and my DNA appears human. So, luckily, I can anticpate further errors. Oh joy...

Peace,

Pierre

Top Bottom