What's new

The Art of Shaving after shave balm price increase

My current bottle of lavender TAOS after-shave balm is nearly empty. I have one more bottle left, which I paid $26.60 for a few months ago. I used to pay $28 for a bottle so I was shocked to find that TAOS is now pricing a 3.3 ounce bottle for $45. I used to dream of trying the Castle Forbes version. Now, at $60 for 5 ounces, it's cheaper per ounce than TAOS!

I realize that inflation has hit hard lately but a 60% increase is ridiculous when there are more highly regarded brands selling for less.

</rant>

My current bottle of lavender TAOS after-shave balm is nearly empty. I have one more bottle left, which I paid $26.60 for a few months ago. I used to pay $28 for a bottle so I was shocked to find that TAOS is now pricing a 3.3 ounce bottle for $45. I used to dream of trying the Castle Forbes version. Now, at $60 for 5 ounces, it's cheaper per ounce than TAOS!

I realize that inflation has hit hard lately but a 60% increase is ridiculous when there are more highly regarded brands selling for less.

</rant>

check out the usual auction sites

That's a shame it's increased price that much, such a great scent and good performance.

Keep an eye out at Winners as well, I've picked up two bottles there over the years.

I have used AoS products from time to time but always thought they cost more than others. Good products just not that good for me for the price. My 2 cents.

Check out your local Marshalls or TJ Maxx, I’ve found many times AOS aftershave balmy & Shave cream for 1/3 of the price compared to the AOS stores.

Keep an eye on eBay. Most try to match the store price but if you’re patient you’ll find someone actually trying to sell their stuff for a good price. My recent find was a 3.3 Bottle of Sandalwood balm for $16. As always, check out the seller ratings.

I really enjoy this balm too but the cheapest I can find on the bay is $30 shipped. In the big scheme that is reasonable as a bottle lasts for at least a year for me. Are there any equivalents that anyone can recommend?

Is the unscented version any good? I can get that on eBay for £25 atm as opposed to the scented ones which are £45 and upwards. Never tried the brand before and need something to replace my love for Razzoor balm which has been discontinued sadly

Top Bottom