What's new

The Anything Thread

Uhh...where am I and who's Waldo?

Welcome! There've been a couple of threads started over the past few months with the express intention of promoting discussion of the particularly inane (random trivia, stuff you'd like to say the the boss/significant other right now but can't, etc.). These threads were combined last weekend, and the inanity continues. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...

Let's see if I can draw you in... Henderson's Marine Sniper is one of the most engaging books I've ever read. Carlos Hathcock was a tough sum'b#^ch!

what deal might that be?

Pm on the way.

Tag, I'm it! BTW. When you use scrubbing bubbles to clean your latest DE acquisition, be careful not to inhale deeply as you do it. A lung full of scrubbing bubbles is not part of God's plans for mankind. Satan's, maybe. :rolleyes:

where? I ain't got it yet?
:lol::lol::lol:

I have a sense that you're ahead of many of us in the technology department -- we mere mortals/luddites have to look out for one another! :wink:

Don't inhale scrubbing bubbles. Check. Glad to see your RAD is progressing nicely!

I think I want this engraved on my tombstone. Kinda speaks volumes about me. God gifted me with an intellectual's mind but I seem to be missing that 'common sense' chip that comes on the standard models. :tongue_sm

Heads in the clouds often have trouble with feet on the ground. On the Metro I'm usually so obsessed with some academic article, outline, or even a printout of my latest "make some new data" program that I could be sitting next to [famous|outrageous person] and not even know it. I get a lot of troubleshooting done on the Metro because half the time there's no data signal for my iPhone (so I can't surf at <AHEM>"3G speeds"). But...jiminy crickets, I troubleshoot computer programs on the Metro?? How sick am I?

Wait -- don't answer that.

Heads in the clouds often have trouble with feet on the ground. On the Metro I'm usually so obsessed with some academic article, outline, or even a printout of my latest "make some new data" program that I could be sitting next to [famous|outrageous person] and not even know it. I get a lot of troubleshooting done on the Metro because half the time there's no data signal for my iPhone (so I can't surf at <AHEM>"3G speeds"). But...jiminy crickets, I troubleshoot computer programs on the Metro?? How sick am I?

Wait -- don't answer that.

Wow me and you have a lot in common. I can just think about something and ya hours have gone by.

I'm feeling a little verclemped here. Actually, I can't figure out how to spell that word. You know, from the SNL skit. Anyone able to help? Is it Jewish?

Curiously,
The Prof

verklempt

and it is Yiddish.

So what has you so overcome with emotion?

Personally, its cold outside, so I am just frosbitten and overly anxious for the fresh coffee to finish

I'm feeling a little verclemped here. Actually, I can't figure out how to spell that word. You know, from the SNL skit. Anyone able to help? Is it Jewish?

Curiously,
The Prof
verklempt

and it is Yiddish.

So what has you so overcome with emotion?

Personally, its cold outside, so I am just frosbitten and overly anxious for the fresh coffee to finish

yeah, don't leave us hangin'! did you have another shavegasm? :biggrin:

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't be any America - because some foriegn soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." U/K

I have to say, I like Jarhead's sig lines.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't be any America - because some foriegn soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." U/K

I have to say, I like Jarhead's sig lines.
+1

Top Bottom