What's new

The Anything Thread

Good morning everyone!! Things have slowed odwn so much in TAT. Not everyone feels welcome here anymore, and that is a damn shame. Well, I have some things to do around the house today. Bye.

Morning all. C'mon -- I post last night seeking TAT-based courage to pull the trigger on a macbook purchase and get no takers -- what kind of enabling is that?! (Oh, I bought the thing anyway :biggrin:).

Who got a flu shot this year?

Morning all. C'mon -- I post last night seeking TAT-based courage to pull the trigger on a macbook purchase and get no takers -- what kind of enabling is that?! (Oh, I bought the thing anyway :biggrin:).

Clearly you summoned the courage to buy a new, machined-billet Macbook yourself. You don't need no steenking enablers! :lol:

Oh, and I got a flu shot. I have a 5 month old. I am not putting her at risk.

no flu shot for me, haven't gotten one the past 7 years, my wife has...guess who has been sick less? :biggrin:

oooh, post #6666!
where's Shep?

no flu shot for me, haven't gotten one the past 7 years, my wife has...guess who has been sick less? :biggrin:

oooh, post #6666!
where's Shep?

Dad won't get flu shots because he's a universal blood donor, and you can't donate to neonatal units if you've had a flu shot. What's your excuse? :confused:

(P.S. Roll Tide!)

I have never had a flu shot.

I just bought a box of 100 Astra superiors from a member. The thing is, I also have a box of 100 Crystals coming with my Irish Moos order at WCS. That needs to be changed. Any suggestions for a replacement? I was thinking another tube of Musgo would be nice.

So, how are we doing today?

I have never had a flu shot.

I just bought a box of 100 Astra superiors from a member. The thing is, I also have a box of 100 Crystals coming with my Irish Moos order at WCS. That needs to be changed. Any suggestions for a replacement? I was thinking another tube of Musgo would be nice.

So, how are we doing today?

Wait -- replacement for what? The Crystals? The Irisch Moos? I like Musgo and Astra Superiors. I actually haven't tried Crystals yet, though Red Pack Israelis are pretty good. If you want to unload the Crystals, plenty of people seem to love them...

Wait -- replacement for what? The Crystals? The Irisch Moos? I like Musgo and Astra Superiors. I actually haven't tried Crystals yet, though Red Pack Israelis are pretty good. If you want to unload the Crystals, plenty of people seem to love them...

Well, I already have an unopened box of Crystals (courtesy of my numbskull son), so I am looking at the WCS product list and figuring out a something to get instead of the blades. This is what I am looking at now. A 100ml tube of Musgo is $9.75. A 150ml tub of Proraso GT&A soap is $8.50. Now, which one do you guys consider to be the superior product?

...any minute now? :biggrin:

"Soon" is a relative term... :smile:

Tried Irisch Moos AS yesterday along with the soap. Not bad at all. The reaction from my wife: "You smell nice...but soapy." I'm still not sure how to take that one.

...Musgo, musgo, musgo... (C'mon James -- don't leave me hangin'...)

"Soon" is a relative term... :smile:

Tried Irisch Moos AS yesterday along with the soap. Not bad at all. The reaction from my wife: "You smell nice...but soapy." I'm still not sure how to take that one.

...Musgo, musgo, musgo... (C'mon James -- don't leave me hangin'...)

How is the mac? I want one I think, but I dont know.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Go ahead, get the computer and load it with Linux.

I got a flu shot.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Dad won't get flu shots because he's a universal blood donor, and you can't donate to neonatal units if you've had a flu shot. What's your excuse? :confused:

(P.S. Roll Tide!)

I am also a universal donor. This is a new one on me. Of course, I haven't had a flu shot in many years. However, this year I will be spending about a month at my sister's and she is going through chemo therapy. I don't want to be the one responsible for shortening her life any shorter than it is getting.

How is the mac? I want one I think, but I dont know.

I don't have my hands on it yet, so no firsthand experience (this'll be the first apple I've spent any real time with since the IIe back in the day...). My wife takes lots of pictures (over 1300 on our recent Argentina trip), and I could no longer handle a 5-second delay from shot to shot on the old PC-based laptop (that, and the old machine weighs, I'm not kidding, about 10 pounds). Leopard is supposed to be much faster with pics, and the pro weighs in at 5.4 pounds. That, plus moving ms office files back and forth seems pretty seamless with Office 2008, plus a pretty smokin' deal on the outgoing 2/08 model macbook pro using the ebay cashback stuff. All in all, I'm pretty excited, but ask me again shortly after Christmas.

Go ahead, get the computer and load it with Linux.

There's the enabling I was looking for! :biggrin: I haven't gone Linux yet, though I did recently start using google chrome instead of ie. Not quite changing OSs, but for me a big step.

I am also a universal donor. This is a new one on me. Of course, I haven't had a flu shot in many years. However, this year I will be spending about a month at my sister's and she is going through chemo therapy. I don't want to be the one responsible for shortening her life any shorter than it is getting.

My prayers for your sister and family.

I don't have my hands on it yet, so no firsthand experience (this'll be the first apple I've spent any real time with since the IIe back in the day...). My wife takes lots of pictures (over 1300 on our recent Argentina trip), and I could no longer handle a 5-second delay from shot to shot on the old PC-based laptop (that, and the old machine weighs, I'm not kidding, about 10 pounds). Leopard is supposed to be much faster with pics, and the pro weighs in at 5.4 pounds. That, plus moving ms office files back and forth seems pretty seamless with Office 2008, plus a pretty smokin' deal on the outgoing 2/08 model macbook pro using the ebay cashback stuff. All in all, I'm pretty excited, but ask me again shortly after Christmas.

what deal might that be?

Top Bottom