What's new

The Anything Thread

Morning all. Rolls, I appreciate your statement in the other thread. If we had something wrong I would live with it, but we didn't do anything wrong.

Used me some TGQ Cavendish Black this morning, good stuff. Made sure not to melt these.

Then called me, but quite honestly I don't deal with his type around here. We're in a nice neighborhood.

Yup...........

I must have missed something. What is this post/person you are talking about.

Yup.................

Hey! what's wrong with D&D?

Jen, my son used to sit around for days (yes, days!!) playing D&D. I believe that is one of the things that led to him having such a brilliant imagination. Now, that imagination is feeding his family (on top of the $$ he makes operating a crane)

I just put a Rooney 1/1 on the B/S/T. If any TATers are interested let me know and I will give you a better deal. Just wasn't a good brush for me.

If the brush is still available, I have two tuna sandwiches, a three legged goat, four eggs, and a fork I can send you for the brush.

How many 20-22 year olds do you know who have never done drugs, drink either not at all or very little and have their parents complete trust?

Jen, you really are a one of kind kid these days. Your parents should be damn proud of you.

Morning all. Rolls, I appreciate your statement in the other thread. If we had something wrong I would live with it, but we didn't do anything wrong.

Used me some TGQ Cavendish Black this morning, good stuff. Made sure not to melt these.

ANother.....................

Yup.................:lol::lol:

Oh sure. 2 weeks ago I wanted someone to send me some eggs because I was out and now you are willing to send me some eggs.

BTW we like us some goats and sheep out her in Wyoming.

Wow....
now I wonder if the threads were deleted to be merged, or if they were deleted, and later decided to be brought back...:confused::confused::confused:

if high post count/disproportionate post count is in this thread, and that was a motivating factor, the_shortest_waldo_anything_new_year_thread can sit in the post test area and not count....but I do have one thing to say

proxy.php

I saw that post in the b/s/t but the rose rashes me and I had to sell mine.

So the St. James is more cologne based? Now I am questioning what I should get.

What is the Shave Shop like?

I get a combination of powder and citrus -- frankly, it seemed too "old man" to me. As for cologne-based, that tern simply refers to any scent that's not attributed to a single note (e.g. rose, sandalwood, lavender). So Eton, St. James, Mr. Taylors, Shave Shop -- cologne-based all. You've really got to sniff them to know what you loke, but all told, I'd say that if you like fresher scents go Eton, if you like something on the drier side, go with St. James. YMMV (where has burnwood been, anyhow -- i figured he'd be back shortly after turkey day).

I think that the custom titles are over rated. From my point of view it appears that the more you want one, the harder it can be to get one, or the more you wish you hadn't when you get one.

Ah, the mod psychology is strong in this one.

Welcome back Waldo and TAT.

well, now I wonder if the new Any-Waldo Thread will continue to thrive, or if the other mistress is going to get all the attention...
I've lurked over there quite a bit, never really got as interested as I have been here, but it's pretty much same song, different verse.
Maybe it's the color blue?
oh well

Okay, I just left my den. Here is my initial report.

Razor: FHT Tech
Blade: Astra Superior
Cream: Dab of each, Proraso red, Noxzema lather shave, AOS unscented
Brush: JF custom 22mm SilverTip
Aftershave: AV splash and balm

Guys, these Astra Superiors are just that. SUPERIOR!!!! What an awesome blade!! Smooth, sharp, and they seem like they will give you a few good shaves. For the price, I would not hesitate to say that they are among the best on the market. I might have to cancel my WCS order for a box of Crystals and find a box of these instead!!

Okay, I just left my den. Here is my initial report.

Razor: FHT Tech
Blade: Astra Superior
Cream: Dab of each, Proraso red, Noxzema lather shave, AOS unscented
Brush: JF custom 22mm SilverTip
Aftershave: AV splash and balm

Guys, these Astra Superiors are just that. SUPERIOR!!!! What an awesome blade!! Smooth, sharp, and they seem like they will give you a few good shaves. For the price, I would not hesitate to say that they are among the best on the market. I might have to cancel my WCS order for a box of Crystals and find a box of these instead!!

they are quite good, I haven't strayed from Red Pack Personnas and Astra Superiors for several weeks now

Jen, if you read this, I think the box of RPPs you got may have been bad, I tried one you sent me, wasn't great, tried one of mine, awesome :confused:
may have been two duds in there, I will forge on to try them all

Guys, these Astra Superiors are just that. SUPERIOR!!!!

Have you tried the Keramiks yet? I thought they were better overall (of course, they're no longer made IIRC, so the point is a bit moot). Personally, I prefer the Crystals to the Astra Superiors -- just a bit smoother and with slightly better longevity. Your face may vary :wink:

Have you tried the Keramiks yet? I thought they were better overall (of course, they're no longer made IIRC, so the point is a bit moot). Personally, I prefer the Crystals to the Astra Superiors -- just a bit smoother and with slightly better longevity. Your face may vary :wink:

It's tough to go down the road with New/Old stock blades that are no longer made, isn't it? Polsilver -- gone; Keramik -- gone; Gillette Thins--LONG gone; I've shaved with all of these and thought each was very very good. I think we'll see the same with the Aeternas (though we're still working on a big New/Old stock group buy, thanks to Mace). Who knows which else will disappear? Proraso Red is gone (though people seem to like the Aloe and Green Tea as a suitable replacement), and heck, I'm still a relative newb to DE shaving (coming up on 1 year, December 25th 2008), in that I have very little historical perspective that some of the lifelong DE shavers (I'm looking at you, Mr. Gillette!) have.

I see the jokes about the shavepocalypse, but if your go-to blade was one of the above, it would suck having to find a new "best blade"...maybe more than once!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I just noticed this thread. How long has it been going on?

B&B, where every day is April Fool's.

It's tough to go down the road with New/Old stock blades that are no longer made, isn't it? Polsilver -- gone; Keramik -- gone; Gillette Thins--LONG gone; I've shaved with all of these and thought each was very very good. I think we'll see the same with the Aeternas (though we're still working on a big New/Old stock group buy, thanks to Mace). Who knows which else will disappear? Proraso Red is gone (though people seem to like the Aloe and Green Tea as a suitable replacement), and heck, I'm still a relative newb to DE shaving (coming up on 1 year, December 25th 2008), in that I have very little historical perspective that some of the lifelong DE shavers (I'm looking at you, Mr. Gillette!) have.

I see the jokes about the shavepocalypse, but if your go-to blade was one of the above, it would suck having to find a new "best blade"...maybe more than once!

I just found out my latest "find" has been discontinued too. Dammit! I just discovered the Czech "Tiger" blades and gave them a whirl over the weekend. I got a BBS on my head using my old ball-end Tech, and this morning put one in my Lux and got a DFS/BBS with ease (and with nothing-fancy Arko Citrus). Arrrrrrgh!

I agree. I thought the Kermiks were better than the superiors. Of course you may burnwood.

Note: From now on lets please use the phrase burnwood for YMMV.

Top Bottom