What's new

The Anything Thread

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Yes, your missing something. :sneaky2: But I'll recap. This morning at just after 10:00 all three eaglets were removed from the nest and taken to the Wildlife Center of Virginia where they will be kept until being released back to the wild late this summer or early fall. It was decided that a single parent would not be able to keep up with the feeding demands of three eaglets that would soon triple in size.

The pictures inside the spoiler are screen shots I took of the live webcam feed both of the empty nest after the eaglets were removed and the father eagles return to the nest (at about 2:15 pm) with a fish only to find them gone. The father eagle stood there taking it in for about 25 minutes before he flew off leaving the fish laying in the nest. Tonight at about 6:00 pm the father returned, looked around for a few minutes and took the fish with him when he left.

Excuse me for being non-PC but I think this is totally retarded. So maybe he only two survive or maybe only one. Who better to raise those birds than the parent. Instead there will be three that will no longer have a natural fear of human environs and quite possibly not survive long after release.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Ok, I'm back. Nice shave too. have you ever had a blade so smooth you had to double-check the razor to make sure it was loaded. My replacement Colonel is breaking in nicely and I smell of a mentholated Old Spice clone.

That was a fast shave. I think I have been obsessing and lingering about my shaves too much lately.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
At 04:50 today my former employer, who I'm still friends with, texted me with this message, "Please call me, Thanks Sam Smith" (not his real name).

I just happened to be tossing and turning and couldn't sleep anyway and heard the little "bing" sound on my phone. So I called him and he wants me back!

This is so amazing. My wife has been praying her heart out over this and now I have 3 friends in high places who all want me to come work for them. This will be a busy weekend trying to get this all figured out. One of them will be easy to eliminate, but this one and one of the others will be real difficult to decide between.

That was a fast shave. I think I have been obsessing and lingering about my shaves too much lately.
I don't think the words "obsessing too much" as it relates to shaving are allowed on B&B, Dennis. :nono:
Good morning from central Illinois.
....and good morning! :thumbup1:
At 04:50 today my former employer, who I'm still friends with, texted me with this message, "Please call me, Thanks Sam Smith" (not his real name).

I just happened to be tossing and turning and couldn't sleep anyway and heard the little "bing" sound on my phone. So I called him and he wants me back!

This is so amazing. My wife has been praying her heart out over this and now I have 3 friends in high places who all want me to come work for them. This will be a busy weekend trying to get this all figured out. One of them will be easy to eliminate, but this one and one of the others will be real difficult to decide between.
That's great news, Dennis! Congratulations! :thumbup:

But, do you have to "eliminate" them? What's your job, a hit man? (I know, you could tell us, but then you'd have to kill us!) :laugh:

Speaking of jobs, I have to get to mine. Have a great day, TATers! :thumbup1:

Great news!

Speaking of jobs, I have to get to mine. Have a great day, TATers! :thumbup1:

You too Randy, I'm off in a bit myself.

+1

Tho, maybe he'll at least have a good story this time. :tongue_sm

Sorry, not today. :sad:

Well, Blake really needs to be bilingual when discussing said chaps or chaparajos! :001_rolle

I am bilingual. I am somewhat fluent in English but my native language is American. :lol:

Excuse me for being non-PC but I think this is totally retarded. So maybe he only two survive or maybe only one. Who better to raise those birds than the parent. Instead there will be three that will no longer have a natural fear of human environs and quite possibly not survive long after release.

I was thinking the same thing.

Hey, choices are heck of a lot better than none! :thumbup1:

You know what? I wasn't going to say anything, but I absolutely agree with you Dennis.

It might be difficult, but it's a good position to be in. Congratulations and things work out for the best no matter what you decide. :thumbup1:

I am bilingual. I am somewhat fluent in English but my native language is American. :lol:

Actually, I'd argue that's the other way around. You're posts are just littered with British spellings. :001_rolle

Excellent news. Good fortune with the selection! :thumbup:

Top Bottom