What's new

The Anything Thread

You live in Ireland. What could possible be boring about that? Seriously, seems normal to you but I find very exciting. I would love to get away from here. Plus, you have the photography thing going that I am jealous of and the barber training. You're awesome!

Crafty has all of her projects and baking. Plus the beach. Life is never boring with kids.

Rich....well, he's a penguin. What more can you say?

Everyone has their boring life that everyone else can find interesting.

I wanna go to Ireland. :laugh:

By the way, bread takes about 3 1/2 hours and is boring. :biggrin1:

Everyone always seems to have this ideallic idea of Ireland.
Yes it is incredibly beautiful in parts but some parts are just touristy and Dublin is as multicultural as any other European capital city.

The public transport system sucks everywhere and the weather is generally cold and wet.

Still... It's very beautiful sometimes. I'll give ya that. And it's nice sitting in a pub by the fire listening to some music.
And we have nice bread and rashers and crisps and chocolate.

And it's pretty cheap to fly to the UK or Europe.

Okay fine- we rock! Everyone come here!

I remember two years ago a friend o mine from Canada was planning a visit to me. He'd never been outside of the States and Canada and was looking forward to it. I said to him that while he was here where might he like to go. He thought I ment in Ireland. We ended up doing a week In Ireland and then 2/3 days in each of Venice, Berlin and Prague.
When I told him the ittinerary I had in mind he almost exploded!
And while not the cheapest thing in the world it didn't blow the budget either. We had an amazing time.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I have to admit, I have started to fall asleep on my motorcycle once or twice. Working third shift can be hard. But you wake up real fast when you realize you're about to ride off the side of an exit ramp.

...and don't drive into the back of my 18 wheeler. I don't want to even think about the paperwork that would create.

I have to make onion soup tomorrow, I just picked up a Nakiri.
http://www.knifewear.com/knife-family.asp?family=21
They'll be some sort of crafiness tomorrow, I just don't know what yet.

Yes it is incredibly beautiful in parts but some parts are just touristy and Dublin is as multicultural as any other European capital city.

The public transport system sucks everywhere and the weather is generally cold and wet.

Still... It's very beautiful sometimes. I'll give ya that. And it's nice sitting in a pub by the fire listening to some music.

And it's pretty cheap to fly to the UK or Europe.

Okay fine- we rock! Everyone come here!

I remember two years ago a friend o mine from Canada was planning a visit to me. He'd never been outside of the States and Canada and was looking forward to it. I said to him that while he was here where might he like to go. He thought I ment in Ireland. We ended up doing a week In Ireland and then 2/3 days in each of Venice, Berlin and Prague.
When I told him the ittinerary I had in mind he almost exploded!
And while not the cheapest thing in the world it didn't blow the budget either. We had an amazing time.

If I ever take a trip over there, I'm calling on you to show us around.

Hey, Blake! Mr. Crafty crashed the copter and we ended up spending the evening going to a hobby store for replacement parts.

Sounds like here, guess I can stay put.

Actually I lived in Calgary for a month.
While you guys get waaaaaaaay more snow than we do you also have fantastic summers in comparison to us.
Every day I wear a coat with a hood here as you never know if it'll rain even if it's sunny in the morning. Our weather is more changeable than Vancouvers ( and trust me- they have a running joke about how changeable theirs is but I've had a few friends visit here from there and they've re-evaluated their meaning of the word changeable!)

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Why, yes. I am awesome. Thanks for noticing.

Your life is... interesting.

You know, it doesn't seem so until I look at my own stories filtered by your reactions. Things look very different after I see how everybody here reacts. :blush:

Does that mean we look really boring to you?

You live in Ireland. What could possible be boring about that? Seriously, seems normal to you but I find very exciting. I would love to get away from here. Plus, you have the photography thing going that I am jealous of and the barber training. You're awesome!

Crafty has all of her projects and baking. Plus the beach. Life is never boring with kids.

Rich....well, he's a penguin. What more can you say?

Everyone has their boring life that everyone else can find interesting.

Yes Blake, you do lead an adventurous life. I know what you mean, though, because when I would read MrsTrucker's blog, it always looked more interesting after what ever it was happened.

So does my wife.

But it is delicious! :drool:

Doesn't sound so different from here. It's just different scenery, that's all.

Hey, Blake! Mr. Crafty crashed the copter and we ended up spending the evening going to a hobby store for replacement parts.

Doesn't surprise me. Won't likely be the last time either. :lol:

Actually I lived in Calgary for a month.
While you guys get waaaaaaaay more snow than we do you also have fantastic summers in comparison to us.
Every day I wear a coat with a hood here as you never know if it'll rain even if it's sunny in the morning. Our weather is more changeable than Vancouvers ( and trust me- they have a running joke about how changeable theirs is but I've had a few friends visit here from there and they've re-evaluated their meaning of the word changeable!)

Yah, once summer gets here it's usually hot and dry for months with the occasional evening thunderstorm. Last summer was wet and miserable and this winter was very very cold, a good solid month of -20... it's snowing out right now so I'm hoping spring will hurry up and be dry this year.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Yah, once summer gets here it's usually hot and dry for months with the occasional evening thunderstorm. Last summer was wet and miserable and this winter was very very cold, a good solid month of -20... it's snowing out right now so I'm hoping spring will hurry up and be dry this year.

And that's Fahrenheit! Which is like -2578 Celsius. :lol:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Sure felt like it, I'm ok with the 5 day cold snap like that, but after a month or more the novelty wears off.

Definitely! You know how, that first time when you step outside into the cold still night and the mercury is lost in the little bulb at the bottom of the thermometer, then you take a deep breath of fresh air and your nostrils freeze? I hate it when that happens.

Definitely not Indiana. Indiana is still filled with a bunch of hill billies that don't think they are hill billies. But, around these parts, you wouldn't get too far dressed like that. :huh:

Oh Bullfeathers! That's you on the left.

BTW, did you know that Fort Wane is the home of the first gas pump?

Top Bottom