What's new

The Anything Thread

We've decided to keep you around for a small penance: an artistic rendering of some sort, if you'd feel so compelled...
Okay Chad, I've got it.

Oh Oh Oh, make Randy do "I'm a little teapot" except change teapot to shave brush.
Hey, I'm not singin' anything! Chad wants art. I could sing and play guitar, but Chad prefers visual art.

dude! that's one heckuva app that let's you drive on your smartphone! is that on the market, or do you have to root the phone?
It's only available in Houston.

:nono: Do not draw that cat again! :glare:

Do you mean this picture? Puhleeease! This skinny cat picture isn't art! Chad wants "art"!

proxy.php

great, just when it had finally left his consciousness for good, you hit F5 :001_rolle
:001_smile

Yes, that was almost a disaster. Fortunately, I'm not stooping so low as to take this bait. I have a penance to pay! :thumbup1:

Speaking of the "wee scot", did you see this post today? We have a very exciting new member to Badger and Blade. :badger:
But he's not Scottish, he's English? :001_huh:

Okay, fair warning! I don't want anyone to be offended. Chad, you asked for something "artistic". I have seen nudes in the finest art exhibits and museums that my young children were encouraged to see. These pictures include full nudity, but it is covered, I believe, by "artistic". I hope this work of fine art is accepable penance.

proxy.php

Ever notice the nudes in fine works of art are kind of "chunky"? I hope this hits the mark, Chad. :biggrin1:

My insurance company has (in my opinion) stolen my car.

My wife had a wreck, the car was at a towing place right down the street from me. They (the insurance company) ask if they could move the car to a different place, we said no and they have record of that, they admitted it.

So they said they would send adjuster to the car. Some time has gone by now, so I call them to see what happen, they tell me they haven't heard from the adjuster. So I call him, he tells me the car is not there! I don't know why he didn't tell anyone that the car was missing, but thats not really the big problem.

So I then call the insurance company back and told them the car was missing, to make along story short, the insurance company had the car towed to a place about 2 hours away, so they then have a adjuster go and look at it, and guess what! it's totaled.

And hear is the problem, I want to buy it back ( it's worth it) but it's now 2 hours away, I can't get it myself, and they won't bring it back, they say it's the first towing places fault because they shouldn't have let them take it.

and the first towing place says it's not their fault, I asked the insurance company what I was supposed to do ,and she said it's my problem.

So now I don't know what to do, I think it's the insurance company's fault.
I did not give them permission to move the car, but she says that doesn't matter.

She says that it company policy to move the car once it's been totaled, but it wasn't totaled when they move it. I'm going to get the date of when they totaled it, and then point out that it was moved before that and see if that gets me anywhere.

It just make me so angry, the car was about 2 blocks from my house, and now it's 2 hours, the towing bill would be huge.

I know I can win this I just don't know how yet.

My wife had a wreck, the car was at a towing place right down the street from me. They (the insurance company) ask if they could move the car to a different place, we said no and they have record of that, they admitted it.

So they said they would send adjuster to the car. Some time has gone by now, so I call them to see what happen, they tell me they haven't heard from the adjuster. So I call him, he tells me the car is not there! I don't know why he didn't tell anyone that the car was missing, but thats not really the big problem.

So I then call the insurance company back and told them the car was missing, to make along story short, the insurance company had the car towed to a place about 2 hours away, so they then have a adjuster go and look at it, and guess what! it's totaled.

And hear is the problem, I want to buy it back ( it's worth it) but it's now 2 hours away, I can't get it myself, and they won't bring it back, they say it's the first towing places fault because they shouldn't have let them take it.

and the first towing place says it's not their fault, I asked the insurance company what I was supposed to do ,and she said it's my problem.

I did not give them permission to move the car, but she says that doesn't matter.

She says that it company policy to move the car once it's been totaled, but it wasn't totaled when they move it. I'm going to get the date of when they totaled it, and then point out that it was moved before that and see if that gets me anywhere.

It just make me so angry, the car was about 2 blocks from my house, and now it's 2 hours, the towing bill would be huge.

If you can't get anywhere with your insurance co. directly, contact your state's Commissioner of Insurance and file a complaint. The Insurance Co. will respond to the Commissioner.

Last edited:
If you can't get anywhere with your insurance co. directly, contact your state's Commissioner of Insurance and file a complaint. The Insurance Co. will respond to the Commissioners.

I wonder if I could just report the car stolen, that would get it back!

It just seems like part of the requisite curriculum to be an insurance person is "be a hands-off, it's not my/our fault" jerk.

Yes, this is a case of a few rotten apples ruining the whole bushel, I have several close friends involved in insurance in some form or other, they're some of the nicest, most ethical people I know, personally. I have no idea how they are on the job, though. I'm sure in many cases their hands are tied more by policy, etc, than personal preference, but either way it sucks for us when we have to fight with them.

Good luck with the fight, I've no advice on this one other than continue to accumulate and document facts, be strong and persuasive, but not a ack-jass.

I hope someone else who is more knowledgeable in law and especially as it applies to insurance like this situation. I'm not sure that the insurance company doesn't have the right to total the car, and they may not be required to sell it to you, either. It doesn't seem fair, and you may be right, but you may have to pay an attorney to get a useful legal opinion. I wish I could be more encouraging, but it's better if you start thinking clearly and logically about what you can do to get this corrected. Good luck, man. It really stinks when companies can screw around with you this way. I've been there, and had to pay a lawyer to tell me "yes, it's not fair, but it's not illegal".

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Okay Chad, I've got it.

Hey, I'm not singin' anything! Chad wants art. I could sing and play guitar, but Chad prefers visual art.

Do you mean this picture? Puhleeease! This skinny cat picture isn't art! Chad wants "art"!

proxy.php

Yes, that was almost a disaster. Fortunately, I'm not stooping so low as to take this bait. I have a penance to pay! :thumbup1:

Okay, fair warning! I don't want anyone to be offended. Chad, you asked for something "artistic". I have seen nudes in the finest art exhibits and museums that my young children were encouraged to see. These pictures include full nudity, but it is covered, I believe, by "artistic". I hope this work of fine art is accepable penance.

proxy.php

Ever notice the nudes in fine works of art are kind of "chunky"? I hope this hits the mark, Chad. :biggrin1:
:eek2:

:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom