What's new

The Anything Thread

I'd really like a break. Can I get one of those, please?

Dumb architect designed my house with an attic-mounted water heater. Guess what leaked last night? Guess how I found out? Grrrr. So I burned 4 hours of "vacation" this morning to replace a corroded copper pipe, and got a rude lesson in "regular pipe thread" versus "oh, look, that's a different thread type for this almost-proprietary compression fitting on your water heater". $100 later, everything is fine, and now my hands smell like copper, flux, and sandcloth.

Discovering the leak last night kept me up late trying to patch it with a fiberglass/epoxy patch from Home Depot. It didn't really work.

It looks like the other copper flex line is corroded and about to go, too. Better replace that soon.

But really, I'd like to slap that architect. Hard.

Sorry to hear that, Jesse. Hopefully there's not too much ceiling damage!

By the power vested in my by no one in particular, I hereby extend to you one regulation-style break. Use it in good health. :smile:

By the power vested in my by no one in particular, I hereby extend to you one regulation-style break. Use it in good health. :smile:

Thanks Chad. Damage was minimal, and since Mrs. Soapbox and Little Soapbox are out of town, disruption was minimal too. Just a pisser to lose a half day of work because of a lousy design and -- it appears -- a lousy installation.

It being St. Patrick's day, I believe I'll use that break soon. :001_cool:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Dumb architect designed my house with an attic-mounted water heater. Guess what leaked last night? Guess how I found out? Grrrr. So I burned 4 hours of "vacation" this morning to replace a corroded copper pipe, and got a rude lesson in "regular pipe thread" versus "oh, look, that's a different thread type for this almost-proprietary compression fitting on your water heater". $100 later, everything is fine, and now my hands smell like copper, flux, and sandcloth.

Discovering the leak last night kept me up late trying to patch it with a fiberglass/epoxy patch from Home Depot. It didn't really work.

It looks like the other copper flex line is corroded and about to go, too. Better replace that soon.

Sorry to hear that! Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.

That is exactly what happens when designers (architectural or mechanical) try to maximize the use of space without forethought to maintenance.
I see it almost every day at power stations across America.

Here's our keyboardist: Adept Hoe Thug

View attachment 94087

I think I have that tea cup!!

Now, the important question: What kind of tea is that?

I hope its apple cinnamon, or just a good black would be good

proxy.php

:lol::lol::lol:

now my hands smell like copper, flux, and sandcloth

Now thats a soap scent your mom and dad should try! :tongue_sm

Crazy: Now Part Of A Balanced Breakfast

proxy.php

Funny thing is, the first thing I thought of was, man, that had to take for ever.

Working construction, we spent a lot of time cursing architects. Sorry about the problems.

Man, Sis. We don't see you for how long and then you jump in with that sniper shot. :lol:

Didn't we just have one? This will be a every other week event. :lol:

Probably! Though to be honest, life will happen eventually (especially when the weather starts getting nicer) and you'll probably just leave me in your dust.

Maybe this will help? :ihih:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You're a good man, I don't care what Rob says about you. :lol:

:lol::lol:

What was he thinking? That's friendship, alright!

Indeed! :thumbup1:

Bummer man, glad you got things worked out.

I'm not sure your Mod Powers extend that far. :lol::lol:

Now thats a soap scent your mom and dad should try! :tongue_sm

:eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably! Though to be honest, life will happen eventually (especially when the weather starts getting nicer) and you'll probably just leave me in your dust.

I don't know about that. Eventually, I will get my motorcycle out. This site is likely to have a severe lack of 007 knowledge at that point. :thumbup:

Top Bottom