What's new

The Anything Thread

Sami Lepisto
proxy.php

and David Steckel, for shame!

proxy.php

Hmm, can't say I have much love for Rich's Pittsburgh relations either. :001_rolle

I made another purchase for my trip today. I bought a waterproof notebook. I want to keep record of things. The one forum has a section for trip reports and I would like to do one. Plus, I would just like to write up a report for myself anyhow. Also, I got a set of dog tags. I will not be carrying a wallet out there so I want them to be able to ID my carcass and have a contact to call when they find me.It's little things but it makes me excited to go! Add this to my water filter/pump and alcohol stove. :thumbup:

Now, now Blake, we've talked about this. Your supposed to come back well and alive, remember? :lol:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I made another purchase for my trip today. I bought a waterproof notebook. I want to keep record of things. The one forum has a section for trip reports and I would like to do one. Plus, I would just like to write up a report for myself anyhow. Also, I got a set of dog tags. I will not be carrying a wallet out there so I want them to be able to ID my carcass and have a contact to call when they find me.It's little things but it makes me excited to go! Add this to my water filter/pump and alcohol stove. :thumbup:

Where exactly is this adventure taking place again, the Chicago river?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My son made a Dear Jane phone call today, (He's in AZ for Army training). He was going to wait until he got back home in July and break up with his girlfriend. I didn't say anything about stringing her along like that, but hoped maybe she would find someone else while he was away, especially since he had been dropping hints that he may move and/or get deployed, etc. after this current phase of training.

So today he called me and told me he was going to break up. I didn't say too much, but let him talk and get it all off his chest. Turns out he has been talking with my wife about this and she encouraged him to do the right thing and get it over with now.

I remember when I was in the Navy and guys would get Dear John letters. They were often crushed, bitter and angry, so the most logical thing to do of course was to go out and get rip roarin drunk. Sometimes this lead to other problems.

So, I'm glad he took the upper hand and ended it without all the emotional agony that can get a fellow in more trouble than he can afford.

Now, now Blake, we've talked about this. Your supposed to come back well and alive, remember? :lol:

Oh, in that case I have to budget fuel for the drive home too. :huh:

Where exactly is this adventure taking place again, the Chicago river?

No, no! The Boundary Waters BWCA

My son made a Dear Jane phone call today, (He's in AZ for Army training). He was going to wait until he got back home in July and break up with his girlfriend. I didn't say anything about stringing her along like that, but hoped maybe she would find someone else while he was away, especially since he had been dropping hints that he may move and/or get deployed, etc. after this current phase of training.

So today he called me and told me he was going to break up. I didn't say too much, but let him talk and get it all off his chest. Turns out he has been talking with my wife about this and she encouraged him to do the right thing and get it over with now.

I remember when I was in the Navy and guys would get Dear John letters. They were often crushed, bitter and angry, so the most logical thing to do of course was to go out and get rip roarin drunk. Sometimes this lead to other problems.

So, I'm glad he took the upper hand and ended it without all the emotional agony that can get a fellow in more trouble than he can afford.

I hope it works out well for him.

After all that, are you going to argue with her?
Good advice.

Shampoo bars are not very useful to those of us who occupy the Mr. Clean section of B&B! :001_rolle
Not a fan of shampoo bars, but that's neither here nor there.

:thumbup:

Congrats to the Wildcats!

but...

... next Saturday:

[Despicable Me]IT'S SO FLUFFY!!![/Despicable Me]

That may be the best line from that whole movie, and I loved that movie!

I need to get my passport. My wife washed mine and apparently I have to replace it now. But, next year, I plan on going to the Canadian side. :thumbup1:

Defecting to Canada? :blink: Pssst.. Blake, Vietnam is over.

Top Bottom