What's new

The Anything Thread

Unless.... oh, never mind.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... where were you going with this mister? :ohmy:

Oh hey, I visited some relatives oh yours this past week when I was in the Windy City. Both close and more distant. Sorry that was nothing I could do about your great, great, great, great uncle Morrie (Pictured left bottom). He was already stuffed before I got there. :sad:

My insurance company has (in my opinion) stolen my car.

My wife had a wreck, the car was at a towing place right down the street from me. They (the insurance company) ask if they could move the car to a different place, we said no and they have record of that, they admitted it.

So they said they would send adjuster to the car. Some time has gone by now, so I call them to see what happen, they tell me they haven't heard from the adjuster. So I call him, he tells me the car is not there! I don't know why he didn't tell anyone that the car was missing, but thats not really the big problem.

So I then call the insurance company back and told them the car was missing, to make along story short, the insurance company had the car towed to a place about 2 hours away, so they then have a adjuster go and look at it, and guess what! it's totaled.

And hear is the problem, I want to buy it back ( it's worth it) but it's now 2 hours away, I can't get it myself, and they won't bring it back, they say it's the first towing places fault because they shouldn't have let them take it.

and the first towing place says it's not their fault, I asked the insurance company what I was supposed to do ,and she said it's my problem.

So now I don't know what to do, I think it's the insurance company's fault.
I did not give them permission to move the car, but she says that doesn't matter.

She says that it company policy to move the car once it's been totaled, but it wasn't totaled when they move it. I'm going to get the date of when they totaled it, and then point out that it was moved before that and see if that gets me anywhere.

It just make me so angry, the car was about 2 blocks from my house, and now it's 2 hours, the towing bill would be huge.

I know I can win this I just don't know how yet.

Get Blake to "pay them a little visit" he's all mafiaed up now, i'd wager he's the clownhoues's own Luca Brasi.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... where were you going with this mister? :ohmy:

Oh hey, I visited some relatives oh yours this past week when I was in the Windy City. Both close and more distant. Sorry that was nothing I could do about your great, great, great, great uncle Morrie (Pictured left bottom). He was already stuffed before I got there. :sad:

Morrie always was the "pig" of the family. We told him it'd end badly, but would he listen? No. <sigh>

Get Blake to "pay them a little visit" he's all mafiaed up now, i'd wager he's the clownhoues's own Luca Brasi.

My little brother wants his car back. How would you like it if your Mercedes were to have an accident? I'm just sayin, things happen to cars all the time. It would be a shame if something were to happen to your car, you know?

My little brother wants his car back. How would you like it if your Mercedes were to have an accident? I'm just sayin, things happen to cars all the time. It would be a shame if something were to happen to your car, you know?

*ahem* I think you meant:

Il mio fratellino vuole indietro la sua auto. Come ti sentiresti se la vostra Mercedes dovesse avere un incidente? Sto solo dicendo, cose che succedono alle auto per tutto il tempo. Sarebbe un peccato se dovesse succedere qualcosa alla tua auto, sai?

:whistling:

Il mio fratellino vuole indietro la sua auto. Come ti sentiresti se la vostra Mercedes dovesse avere un incidente? Sto solo dicendo, cose che succedono alle auto per tutto il tempo. Sarebbe un peccato se dovesse succedere qualcosa alla tua auto, sai?

:lol::lol:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I wonder if I could just report the car stolen, that would get it back!

That's what I would do. Then there will be a police record of dates, etc. for your small claims case. Since you will only be filing suit for the difference in damages and the repurchase price, it may fall under the small claims category.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
In a few more posts I'll be at 8787. I think that will be a nice number if the Christmas holiday gets in the way of my posting.

Morrie always was the "pig" of the family. We told him it'd end badly, but would he listen? No. <sigh>

Well at least it wasn't an unexpected end.

Well, unless he starts speaking bad Italian to them. Then, it'll be an offer they can't understand. :001_rolle

:lol::lol::lol:

Well that's awfully specific. And I don't own an Mercedes...

And he needs to be shouting it too:

Il mio fratellino vuole indietro la sua auto! Come ti sentiresti se la vostra Mercedes dovesse avere un incidente?!?! Sto solo dicendo, cose che succedono alle auto per tutto il tempo! Sarebbe un peccato se dovesse succedere qualcosa alla tua auto, SAI?!?!

Last edited:
And he needs to be shouting it too:

Il mio fratellino vuole indietro la sua auto! Come ti sentiresti se la vostra Mercedes dovesse avere un incidente?!?! Sto solo dicendo, cose che succedono alle auto per tutto il tempo! Sarebbe un peccato se dovesse succedere qualcosa alla tua auto, SAI?!?!

What, not all caps? :lol:

What, not all caps? :lol:

Oh sorry:

IL MIO FRATELLINO VUOLE INDIETRO LA SUA AUTO! COME TI SENTIRESTI SE LA VOSTRA MERCEDES DOVESSE AVERE UN INCIDENTE?!?! STO SOLO DICENDO, COSE CHE SUCCENDONO ALLE AUTO PER TUTTO IL TEMPO! SAREBBE UN PECCATO SE DOVESSE SUCCEDERE QUALCOSA ALLA TUA AUTO, SAI?!?!

Meglio... I mean better? :001_rolle

Besides, veiled threats are meant to be spoken softly.

They also work best when the person being threatened can understand you too. :wink:

Top Bottom