What's new

The ammo struggle is real.

I know. My primers are going to dwindle...

AA

SPP have been gone near me since June. Got lucky and found 1000 LPPM that had been forgotten at Bass Pro just as they were putting them out. Have been buying what I can as I find it. No issue on shotgun including powder though. Expect that to tighten up as well. Annoys me on SPP as it had been on my list a long time and I kept getting distracted.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
SPP have been gone near me since June. Got lucky and found 1000 LPPM that had been forgotten at Bass Pro just as they were putting them out. Have been buying what I can as I find it. No issue on shotgun including powder though. Expect that to tighten up as well. Annoys me on SPP as it had been on my list a long time and I kept getting distracted.
Ironically, I thought a thousand SPP was plenty, last time I was at the store. $40 is $40 and I was laid off for a bit last year.

But I use a hundred with every range trip, going to have to cut back.

Doesn't mean we can't switch to something that uses LPPs... :devil:

AA

Ironically, I thought a thousand SPP was plenty, last time I was at the store. $40 is $40 and I was laid off for a bit last year.

But I use a hundred with every range trip, going to have to cut back.

Doesn't mean we can't switch to something that uses LPPs... :devil:

AA

When things ease up I will never be caught again. Would bet same thought shared by millions of shooters.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
When things ease up I will never be caught again. Would bet same thought shared by millions of shooters.

"This, too, shall pass."

There was a gun glut earlier in the year, as everybody felt safe and rights not threatened.

There have been 380 and 22 shortages.

None of these affected me much, if at all. In fact I gave away 22s to friends in need.

Perhaps come January American anxiety will ease and status quo return.

AA

There are people that go every day to the stores, to buy as much as they can.....now the issue would be the virus, do these people even care that each trip is a risky event.....
I don't like the fact they have a limit on the amount you can purchase , but do understand it. Yet probably the limit should be # boxes per caliber...., I think the other day they allowed 5 boxes all together....had 3 calibers when the cashier told me...I just kept the bigger boxes: 150 and 100rds. A box of 5 shotshells counts as much as 150 9mm

"This, too, shall pass."

There was a gun glut earlier in the year, as everybody felt safe and rights not threatened.

There have been 380 and 22 shortages.

None of these affected me much, if at all. In fact I gave away 22s to friends in need.

Perhaps come January American anxiety will ease and status quo return.

AA

Oh I know and when it does pig at trough consumption will occur, by me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I even got a box of those 12 gauge shotgun-cleaning rounds yesterday, 75% off.

Stupidest thing ever, shotties clean right up. But I am thinking it could be a less lethal option, if needed. Some kind of cleaning wad-squeegie comes out. Sure it would discourage ...

"Your honor, the looters were filthy and these rounds say right on the package, 'cleans with a single pull of the trigger'."

Much like the farmer we feared as kids, he'd shoot you with rock salt out of his shotgun. So we were told. We just never got caught to find out!

AA

Yeah, I never saw the point those cleaning shells.

I shoot 400 or 500 12 gauge a week. The only thing I do to the barrels is spray a shot of Rem Oil in each one and pull a bore snake through. I use a 12 gauge brush with a cordless drill for the chokes as needed, which isnt often.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah, I never saw the point those cleaning shells.

I shoot 400 or 500 12 gauge a week. The only thing I do to the barrels is spray a shot of Rem Oil in each one and pull a bore snake through. I use a 12 gauge brush with a cordless drill for the chokes as needed, which isnt often.

Want to know what's IN it. Reviews only say, "it works."

I didn't buy it for that!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Opened an ammo can today to see at least how many large pistol primers remained ... And found an unopened thousand SPPs! Think I was setting up to make 9mm and never got around to it - but they are welcome now for .38/.357!

AA

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Want to know what's IN it. Reviews only say, "it works."

I didn't buy it for that!

AA
Whenever someone mentions those cleaning shells, I envision those gag cans of nuts, where the spring snake jumps out. Perhaps that’s what happens when you fire one off.

We would just spray down the bores like the other gentleman, and occasionally swab them down with a patch wrapped around a bore brush. Now there are 10,000 special cleaning tools, to do what we did with 4 or 5.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Whenever someone mentions those cleaning shells, I envision those gag cans of nuts, where the spring snake jumps out. Perhaps that’s what happens when you fire one off.

We would just spray down the bores like the other gentleman, and occasionally swab them down with a patch wrapped around a bore brush. Now there are 10,000 special cleaning tools, to do what we did with 4 or 5.

Yeah, I'd never buy such a thing but as a goof. During an ammo shortage!

Ballistol and Hoppes are what I use. Tried a can of Powder Blast and I'm just shaking my head. I used to simply use brake cleaner spray on milsurps for same effect, and a third the price. All such things melt plastic and rubber anyways.

AA

In that case ...

:crazy:

I just made a pre-shave with fennel. That's plenty, lol.

Top Bottom