What's new

The Ammo Shortage

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol'd. Very nice. No better game for the Nintendo classic than Super Tecmo Bowl! :) I played it with my sons when they were little, until they got big enough to start whipping me in Xbox. Now, I play it with my Grandsons. :)
Is that the old game I'd play against the computer? I was always the 49er's against the Lions. I'd be mad at myself if me and Joe Montana couldn't throw for 500 yards! Had to play the computer because my punk 6 year old nephew would always beat me! Lol, thanks for the memories my man!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Is that the old game I'd play against the computer? I was always the 49er's against the Lions. I'd be mad at myself if me and Joe Montana couldn't throw for 500 yards! Had to play the computer because my punk 6 year old nephew would always beat me! Lol, thanks for the memories my man!

That's the one! I preserve that game thru the ages, with love, attention and care... :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's the one! I preserve that game thru the ages, with love, attention and care... :)
You sound like me over the old "Intellivision" system. My wife always threatens to throw them out. Have you heard of the NEW Intellivision system by Amico that's coming out? Covid delayed the release, which was going to be on 10/10/2020. Really unique FAMILY games, from little kids to grama.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You sound like me over the old "Intellivision" system. My wife always threatens to throw them out. Have you heard of the NEW Intellivision system by Amico that's coming out? Covid delayed the release, which was going to be on 10/10/2020. Really unique FAMILY games, from little kids to grama.

Haven’t seen the new one, but I remember the old school intellevision and Atari. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I can't find any 20 gauge 2¾" shot shells other than some #9 Buck anywhere. 3" seems to be available but no 2¾". That surprises me since 2¾" can be used in most 20 gauge so you would think the makers would keep that available.

I’m just gonna shoot it all until it’s gone. Will keep a few magazines worth of defensive ammunition in the appropriate calibers (.380, .38, .357 Mag, .44 Mag, .45 ACP, 9mm) and a couple dozen rounds of assorted .12 gauge slugs/buckshot. Cannot see the point of just staring at recreational ammunition hoping tomorrow (or next week, month, year, etc.) there will be more. Eh...this too shall pass😕

Uncle FUDD has this pearl of 'wisdom':

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My .45 hardball arrived a couple of days ago, so I'm set for now. Have enough to make sure the new recoil spring I put in awhile back gets broke in.

Last handgun I got is a .44 Special, and I ordered 4 boxes for it before the shortage hit. That lightweight thing is what I usually carry. Should have had it on me earlier this evening... isn't that like always...you need a gun and you needed it yesterday. The outside cats usually sleep by the front door, and while I was sitting watching t.v. about nine o'clock I heard them scatter and squall a bit, and it sounded like something a bit heavy was scampering around the front porch. Turned the light on, jerked the front door open, and there was a big old square headed bobcat tom on the front porch.

I yelled at it and it left the porch, but wasn't running. It stopped about 20 yards away, illuminated a bit by the yard security light, and looked back at me. If I'd have had a gun on me instead of one being 15 feet away from my chair in a drawer I probably could have hit it. The .41 mag. was the closest, but I think the .44 will be within arm's reach quite often.

That was a pretty brave cat to come up with the inside lights on and the t.v. going, and he didn't run, just hurried a bit. we also have wild hogs that tear up the yard quite often, just can't catch them in the act. That heavy .44 slug should get their attention.

IMG_5122.jpg

My GF from Southern Oregon, who came to Colorado three times since July, I gave her 400 rounds of 9mm FMJ and JHP to break in her recently purchased Sig P365, three mags, and she joined a local shooting club and is going in to see the Sheriff for her CCW in a few weeks... she found a couple of stores that are selling ammo at reasonable prices, $12.87 a box. Man o man, given the ammo shortage, kudos to the store owners who are providing a real service to their customers. In just a few months, she has become a Rockstar at the shooting club. I'll be flying to see her in the near term and we'll go shooting together. I could use some more .45ACP JHP, have enough FMJ, but she hasn't seen any there. At least she's finding 9mm for her to practice with. 😉

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
For all the gouging going on I found a place that is actually has the powder I love, Ramshot LRT, for $156.85/8lb keg. Midway and the other big reloading sites are closer to $200.00 and Out Of Stock, No Backorder. I was paying more for it last March (Closer to $175.00/keg) so I feel blessed and I couldn't give those folks my money fast enough. They must have some serious Mojo when it comes to powder at the very least! It will be the early February before it lands but I'm still sitting on 20 pounds so that is OK! There are still companies out there doing the right thing and taking care of us shooters!

Local hardware store got in a very limited amount of CCi product:

100-rd packs of Mini-Mag .22lr hollow point ($8)

Primers in small pistol, small magnum pistol, and small rifle. ($4 per sleeve of 100 primers)

Customers were limited to one of each

Top Bottom