What's new

The Ammo Shortage

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
“Hopefully we’re making ammunition today” :lol:

Sooo are you implying that some days you don’t make ammunition? After telling us you are MAKING AMMO EVERY DAY. MORE THAN YOU HAVE EVER MADE.

Hmmmm??

I definitely would have edited that out of the script.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Great video Jim. The only thing I disagree with him about is the 7million new shooters buying up the ammo from the stores. It’s the smaller ammo store owners who also have their own websites where they sell ammo.

These store and pawn shop owner’s who realize there are 7 million new owners are going to the bigger store chains like Academy Sports, Cabela’s and others and they are purchasing up all the available ammo and then selling for 5 times as much, at their pawn shops and independent websites to the 7 million new gun owners who are desperately looking for ammo just like us. These independent ammo sellers are getting rich because while we are at work they spend the day going place to place all day every day and buying it up to sell in their own places or websites.

They know exactly when the trucks come in at the bigger stores and they are waiting in the parking lot with a passenger van full of their buddies who can all buy their allotted 3 boxes of ammo and still clear that store out of their ammo. And then they drive to the next one And then they return later that day to the same store when the new clerk comes in for their shift because the bigger store doesn’t keep record of who bought their allotmenta few hours earlier.

It’s a mess of pure greed for sure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great video Jim. The only thing I disagree with him about is the 7million new shooters buying up the ammo from the stores. It’s the smaller ammo store owners who also have their own websites where they sell ammo.

These store and pawn shop owner’s who realize there are 7 million new owners are going to the bigger store chains like Academy Sports, Cabela’s and others and they are purchasing up all the available ammo and then selling for 5 times as much, at their pawn shops and independent websites to the 7 million new gun owners who are desperately looking for ammo just like us. These independent ammo sellers are getting rich because while we are at work they spend the day going place to place all day every day and buying it up to sell in their own places or websites.

They know exactly when the trucks come in at the bigger stores and they are waiting in the parking lot with a passenger van full of their buddies who can all buy their allotted 3 boxes of ammo and still clear that store out of their ammo. And then they drive to the next one And then they return later that day to the same store when the new clerk comes in for their shift because the bigger store doesn’t keep record of who bought their allotmenta few hours earlier.

This is absolutely true. EVERY werd.

These...... people? make normal gun owners look like we are the "big bad gun lovers" to the media that plays that same old song again about how we can't be trusted....

There was a guy that lived across the street from Wally World back in the last shortage and bought all the .22 ammo he could get. He advertised in the Flint Urinal Newspaper everyday for months, selling 500 rounds for $100. He used to brag about having 500,000 rounds. Not a bright chap.

Makes one proud to be an American!

I have heard similar stories.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

This is exactly what a local pawn shop was doing during the last shortage a few years ago. I had plenty, but I noticed a box of 50 WWB .45 ACP hardball on the shelf and asked how much it was.

$80.

I don't buy anything from them...ever.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This is exactly what a local pawn shop was doing during the last shortage a few years ago. I had plenty, but I noticed a box of 50 WWB .45 ACP hardball on the shelf and asked how much it was.

$80.

I don't buy anything from them...ever.

And there lies the incentive for them. They know, that we know, that is what they are doing. But they also know, the largest percentage of folk desperate for ammo, will still buy it from them at those prices. Right now, ammunition is more valuable then gold.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
And there lies the incentive for them. They know, that we know, that is what they are doing. But they also know, the largest percentage of folk desperate for ammo, will still buy it from them at those prices. Right now, ammunition is more valuable then gold.

I just hope that people have learned from the last raping they got and the dealers get stuck with the ammo they are trying to sell. I have NEVER bought at price gouging prices. Even during the gasoline price hike during the last severe storm a few years ago they stayed within the allowed price range.

I wonder if this situation on ammo, and the other situation, would "qualify" as an emergency situation and the price gouging laws would be in effect.

I need some large pistol primers. I have plenty of small pistol primers, powder, and .38 bullets. Not to mention a lot of brass. I used to be a professional maker of once fired brass. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The attorney general in TX, sued Cheaper than Dirt and they now have to return like 3-400K$ to customers for price gouging.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have never bought anything from Cheaper Than Dirt...they are not cheaper than anything in the first place. Midway and Sportsman's Guide have always been cheaper than that rip-off site...not to mention the other ammo sites you can order from.

I haven't fired my Kimber .45 (with .22 conversion barrel), or PPK .380 in years, as NJ closed indoor ranges near me years ago. Good thing I stocked up on ammo during a visit to a KY Walmart 8-10 years ago. We recently moved and found several boxes of .380, 500 rounds of .45 and several thousand .22 lr. My brother-in-law in KY needs ammo, but with Covid, we haven't been able to get there.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Imma sell my 9mm for $2.00/round BUT if you send the fired brass brass back to me I'll knock $0.25/round on your next order! Call it a core charge...
Kidding of course. I've been helping folks where I can. Had one of the barbers at my shop ask me if I had any 6.5CM I could spare. I cocked an eye at him and asked why. "Man. I just really want to go hunting this year..." Yeah, man, I can help. Hooked him up with a couple bags of the Remington Scirocco employee stuff I have (shoots like crap in my MSR-10). Cost me $6.00/bag and I sold it to him for $7.00 a bag (100 miles round trip to deliver it). Other guys have asked about 9mm and I have enough to share so I've been selling it for the $8.99/box it cost me (usually they just give me a 10 spot). I'm probably an idiot (Honestly they are for not being prepared) but they are all good peeps and the hair cutting business is a tense one right now. Somebody sneezes and the place gets shut down so they need to hoard their pennies. Who am I to deny anyone the right to defend themselves or their families or rip their heads off in the process? I suppose it's the least I can do...

Last edited:
Top Bottom