What's new

The Ammo Shortage

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have been with mine 20 years. She has never once questioned the cost of any of my hobbies. None of them are cheap, either. It didnt take a crystal ball to see the current shortage coming. Earlier this year, some ammo/components could be found cheaper than it had been over the past few years. I carried somewhere between 80 and 100 flats of shotgun shells in the house so I could continue clay shooting uninterrupted.
You likely haven’t gotten into guitars, then. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A certain Governor at a news conference asked why was it necessary to buy more ammo than your gun can hold. He was told it is the same reason you don't buy toilet paper one sheet at a time. When s___t happens you need to be ready. :c10:
That certain Governor sounds about as good as ours in the Great Lake State, and she's about as bright as the fellow running California. Which reminds me of a joke I just made up. What's the difference between Michigan and Kalifornia?

Just the weather!

Thank you folks! I'm here all week! Then by special arrangement with @ackvil I'm going to be in Phoenix for the winter! Don't forget to tip your wait staff!

That certain Governor sounds about as good as ours in the Great Lake State, and she's about as bright as the fellow running California. Which reminds me of a joke I just made up. What's the difference between Michigan and Kalifornia?

Just the weather!

Thank you folks! I'm here all week! Then by special arrangement with @ackvil I'm going to be in Phoenix for the winter! Don't forget to tip your wait staff!
Dress warmly. We have a bit of a chill for us

1609339091346.png

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Found some .45 hardball using the ammoseek site. A bit expensive, but I don't look for things to get better anytime in the foreseeable future. Picked up a bit for practice ammo...have enough defense loads in .45.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
We have so many bug cases, I'm actually afraid to go to the range.

Not sure 2021 is better.

AA

My range is in the back yard. :biggrin1:

I checked for email confirmation on the ammo order and it had been updated...said it had been shipped and supposed to be here on the 9th!

We'll see...I'm not a very trusting person.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Talked to my freind Cathy at the LGS today. Wiped out of everything, she doesn't know when more is coming, and went as far as to say the shortage has turned it to an outage...

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well, I'm likely to need some 20 gauge soon but still months to go before it gets critical.

And I can't find my plug.

My Dad always just used a chunk of wooden dowel for a magazine plug. Guess it worked pretty well.
Haven't seen ANY (other than weird caliber) shotgun or handgun ammunition in quite a while.
Glad I followed proper inventory control protocols when I had the opportunity.
IMG_2512 2.jpg

Top Bottom