What's new

The Ammo Shortage

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I haven't fired my Kimber .45 (with .22 conversion barrel), or PPK .380 in years, as NJ closed indoor ranges near me years ago. Good thing I stocked up on ammo during a visit to a KY Walmart 8-10 years ago. We recently moved and found several boxes of .380, 500 rounds of .45 and several thousand .22 lr. My brother-in-law in KY needs ammo, but with Covid, we haven't been able to get there.
Brian
there is a new indoor range in Union on 22. RTSP is the company, they also have a range in Randolph. The ports are a bit narrow, but it is the closest range to us now. I still go over the bridge as I like the outdoor range a bit better in these days.

We do a lot of clay shooting. If it’s available at a reasonable price, we buy it. This load is probably good for about 6 months. About 3,000 Rounds of 12 and 20 gauge low brass bird shot.
A01BCED2-C60C-4600-B574-C0E757B52855.jpeg

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One of my New Year Resolutions is to shoot more. I suppose I didn’t think that through.....

although, going to the range just 1 or 2 times next year will be “shooting more” considering I did not go at all this year. So I win still!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One of my New Year Resolutions is to shoot more. I suppose I didn’t think that through.....

although, going to the range just 1 or 2 times next year will be “shooting more” considering I did not go at all this year. So I win still!
I know the feeling. And I could deer hunt from my Lazyboy! We get busy with stupid, I swear.

Brian
there is a new indoor range in Union on 22. RTSP is the company, they also have a range in Randolph. The ports are a bit narrow, but it is the closest range to us now. I still go over the bridge as I like the outdoor range a bit better in these days.

When I lived in NJ there were no public ranges open within 25 miles of where I lived (Chester Township). I would go to PA to shoot in the Poconos. Then I moved to FL and we had a few good ranges. Now that I am in AZ I have a choice of indoor or outdoor ranges.

FarmerTan

I'd love to tell the story of what my brother saw probably 30? years ago. It involved a bait pile and CCTV. We are talking about Northern Michigan, eh.

This year for Christmas I gave a few buddies each a brick of small pistol primers (I bought them when the price was less than 20 bucks a brick). You would have thought I had given them a bucket of gold nuggets.
Tears of joy and Happiness.

Sure hope the word doesn't get around.....I may end up with more friends than I can afford.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'd love to tell the story of what my brother saw probably 30? years ago. It involved a bait pile and CCTV. We are talking about Northern Michigan, eh.
Are we talking tip of the mitt Northern Michigan or full blown you-per (phonetic spelling for the un-initiated...)? "Let go Hoton, eh?" Damn southern Canadians! :lol:

And in honor of Dave (And totally off tpics)!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have never bought anything from Cheaper Than Dirt...they are not cheaper than anything in the first place. Midway and Sportsman's Guide have always been cheaper than that rip-off site...not to mention the other ammo sites you can order from.
Wow, Paxton is doing something useful? Will wonders never cease. :lol:

FarmerTan

Are we talking tip of the mitt Northern Michigan or full blown you-per (phonetic spelling for the un-initiated...)? "Let go Hoton, eh?" Damn southern Canadians! :lol:

And in honor of Dave (And totally off tpics)!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I wasn't dare, but I'd bet cash money it was da tip of da mitt.

Interesting perspectives. Can't say I agree with most. Maybe I'm just used to the ammo game and wised up long ago.

No, I haven't ever sold ammo. In fact, gave a spare PSA AR to my good friend weeks ago.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Interesting perspectives. Can't say I agree with most. Maybe I'm just used to the ammo game and wised up long ago.

No, I haven't ever sold ammo. In fact, gave a spare PSA AR to my good friend weeks ago.

Please teach us something we don’t know? I’m all about learning to do it smarter and not harder. :)

Top Bottom