What's new

The all inclusive list of shaving myths

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Since I took the plunge to the cold I have pretty much eliminated any irritation. Although it took a few days to adjust to the cold slap in the morning, I now find it quite refreshing.

That was a nice step for me, too.

What's funny is that I always shaved with cold water when I used carts. My "prep" was to rub my face down with a hot washcloth (and I would use the same washcloth to wipe off my face when I was done), but I always rinsed my razor in cold water. When I started DE shaving, I rinsed with hot water before realizing I should have just stuck with cold.

Myth # (I lost count): Most, if not all, shaving myths and facts are self-evident and/or have been demonstrated and proven to such an extent by experienced shavers that they can be presented with little or no dissension or discussion in a concise and informative forum thread from which inexperienced wet shavers can quickly learn without having to wade through irrelevant and misleading posts. (Of course I would never be responsible for making any less than informative posts. :laugh:)

Almost anything non De/SE shavers say about the way we shave.

"Those razors look TOO dangerous"

Well people have been shaving for years with straights so whats the big deal? Some people even get frighted by a DE blade LMAO! I even read a review on Amazon and the guy claimed that he had cut him self during shaving and the cut was one 1 deep. That is just impossible!

"Aftershave hurts and thats why I don't use it"

Man I get so pissed off when I hear this. What has happened to young men? Thats the best part about AS it stings! Some people really act like they're going to pour acid over their faces.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Almost anything non De/SE shavers say about the way we shave.

"Those razors look TOO dangerous"

Well people have been shaving for years with straights so whats the big deal? Some people even get frighted by a DE blade LMAO! I even read a review on Amazon and the guy claimed that he had cut him self during shaving and the cut was one 1 deep. That is just impossible!

"Aftershave hurts and thats why I don't use it"

Man I get so pissed off when I hear this. What has happened to young men? Thats the best part about AS it stings! Some people really act like they're going to pour acid over their faces.
Why would I put something on my face that stings and offers no other benefit?

Top Bottom