What's new

The ads are back - 01/06 UPDATE: Recent ad break out is fixed

They will never completely go away for you.
Sure, but this is the same as when the issue was first reported. I have that infuriating fixed ad at the bottom, multiple large ads on each page, an ad after every three posts, and about 25% of the time I switch pages it is interrupted by a pop-up ad that prevents me from continuing until I click to close it.

If the fixed ad and the pop-ups went away I would be fine. As it is I have pretty much avoided B&B for the last week and only checked in occasionally to see if it has improved. Surely this is way more aggressive than intended?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sure, but this is the same as when the issue was first reported. I have that infuriating fixed ad at the bottom, multiple large ads on each page, an ad after every three posts, and about 25% of the time I switch pages it is interrupted by a pop-up ad that prevents me from continuing until I click to close it.

If the fixed ad and the pop-ups went away I would be fine. As it is I have pretty much avoided B&B for the last week and only checked in occasionally to see if it has improved. Surely this is way more aggressive than intended?
A new method of ad control is supposed to be implemented tomorrow I am told.

But if the site is a mess of ads for new members and non-contributors won’t they just go elsewhere?
Yup, which is why this is being worked on per Phil.

Any forum that I have been an active member of, I tend to become a supporter so the ads are completely out of the picture. There can be growing pains for all members obviously…

Top Bottom